National News New Statue

I was waiting for someone to post this... just so I don`t get called out for the obsession with the manipulated pixie.

She`s gone very quiet of late.... fewer planes in the sky, less traffic, cleaner air, more people cycling & walking.

She hasn`t got a patch on Mother Nature. ;)

I was waiting for someone to post this... just so I don`t get called out for the obsession with the manipulated pixie.

She`s gone very quiet of late.... fewer planes in the sky, less traffic, cleaner air, more people cycling & walking.

She hasn`t got a patch on Mother Nature. ;)

She is also an advocate for things like this:

For all your scorn, she is one of the figureheads of a movement that has raised this subject's importance in the political world significantly across the world.

Just for @Essexyellows, I expect he'll be making a pilgrimage soon...

Hope that gets dragged down. She’s a virtue signalling little plank that when challenged without a script written by her handlers, malfunctions and makes a fool of herself. There are MANY environmental scientists that are making REAL change. She is a puppet. Nothing more.

Hope that gets dragged down. She’s a virtue signalling little plank that when challenged without a script written by her handlers, malfunctions and makes a fool of herself. There are MANY environmental scientists that are making REAL change. She is a puppet. Nothing more.

She has helped raise awareness and pushed up climate change's importance politically worldwide. She STARTED her own protests that became worldwide so more than a puppet. You clearly feel threatened by her based on your statement.

Many of those same Environmental Scientists have been ignored for a long time so will benefit from the impact her protests and what they led to in the political consciousness. I assume you consider Attenborough a puppet as well?

I do find it amazing that some have such a strong anti reaction to her, for reasons I've never been able to work out.

I think all statues should be banned. They are almost always hideous and add nothing

I think all statues should be banned. They are almost always hideous and add nothing
I saw 2 people getting their photo taken next to the ox outside Grenoble rd after my vaccine yesterday, they seemed very happy about it.

She has helped raise awareness and pushed up climate change's importance politically worldwide. She STARTED her own protests that became worldwide so more than a puppet. You clearly feel threatened by her based on your statement.

Many of those same Environmental Scientists have been ignored for a long time so will benefit from the impact her protests and what they led to in the political consciousness. I assume you consider Attenborough a puppet as well?
I’m not threatened by anyone, let alone a child. I suggest you have a little look at who is financing her. You might rethink your opinions. Like I said, if she doesn’t have a script to read from, she has NOTHING to say. She is a puppet. She is a mouthpiece for those behind the scenes.

Stupid assumption to make. Attenborough and Thunberg are not even remotely comparable. Nice try though..

I’m not threatened by anyone, let alone a child. I suggest you have a little look at who is financing her. You might rethink your opinions..

Quite a strong response for not being threatened then. And I doubt the protest she started was financed by anybody considering it was her protesting outside the Swedish Parliament. Furthermore, as said her protests have pushed climate change up the political totem pole so she has been successful. Who are these backers that you claim?

And the other point is that the environmental movement has had to counter political inertia and climate change denial funded by big business like Oil Companies for decades.

The statue in Winchester is frankly ridiculous publicity seeking by the Uni - and I would imagine she would think it stupid and pointless.

I do though find it amazing that people continue to cherry pick some words of a 16 year old girl with aspergers apart to prove that she is a puppet or fake. I would find it much more troublesome if you couldn't find evidence of her faltering over words.

I’m not threatened by anyone, let alone a child. I suggest you have a little look at who is financing her. You might rethink your opinions. Like I said, if she doesn’t have a script to read from, she has NOTHING to say. She is a puppet. She is a mouthpiece for those behind the scenes.

Stupid assumption to make. Attenborough and Thunberg are not even remotely comparable. Nice try though..
Another conspiracy from LSB!

Teenager with Aspergers struggles to answer question relating to her emotions at foreign language press conference.

Next.

• React
Reactions: m
Another conspiracy from LSB!

Teenager with Aspergers struggles to answer question relating to her emotions at foreign language press conference.

Next.
That’s not the only time though, is it? Without a script, she is useless. She didn’t struggle to get her words out, during her famous ‘how dare you’ speech? She was very emotional then but managed to breeze through that. Why? Because she was reading from a script..

That’s not the only time though, is it? Without a script, she is useless. She didn’t struggle to get her words out, during her famous ‘how dare you’ speech? She was very emotional then but managed to breeze through that. Why? Because she was reading from a script..
I guess the next question is do you have a problem with her message, ignoring any 'script' questions.

I guess the next question is do you have a problem with her message, ignoring any 'script' questions.
No, not at all. I do, however have a problem with her hypocrisy and virtue signalling. She pipes up about how her ‘childhood was stolen’ and how important renewable energy is and the importance of driving electric cars, while neglecting the fact that the cobalt needed for the car batteries is dug up by young children in Congo. It’s things like that which make me dismiss anything she says..

No, not at all. I do, however have a problem with her hypocrisy and virtue signalling. She pipes up about how her ‘childhood was stolen’ and how important renewable energy is and the importance of driving electric cars, while neglecting the fact that the cobalt needed for the car batteries is dug up by young children in Congo. It’s things like that which make me dismiss anything she says..
Fair enough. I can't say I have particularly strong views on her either way, but what she has done is push discussion of the subject into the media, and inspired the young generations to think about the environment, which for me can only be a good thing.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me who the backers are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom