Myocarditis - man down

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
So after a lovely long weekend in Hampshire, at Hoburne Naish holiday park for a wedding in Christchurch. Late yesterday I started getting a really bad ache in my chest, by 11pm it was so severe it was keeping me awake.

Did 111 online, CALL 999 was the result.

Called 999, 6 hours later no ambulance. During this time I had some Asprin which helped, but wore off. At 6am I made my own wad to A&E.

After 2 dodgy ECGs and a high levels of troponin on my bloods, Myocarditis is the prediction.

Just had an Echo and CT scan (they didn’t think I’d have this until tomorrow)

Have to say, very impressed!

Called 999, 6 hours later no ambulance. During this time I had some Asprin which helped, but wore off. At 6am I made my own wad to A&E.
Hope you are feeling better.

My wife is ill at the moment and is due for a serious operation. She was very unwell last week, in great pain and thought that her condition had suddenly gone completely to pot. Phoned 999 and was told that we could have an ambulance, but it would be 24 hours!!!!

So (like you) I did of course have to use the car to get to A&E. Luckily her pain abated and she is now gulping down the paracetamol (on the hospital's advice) until her op. We called the hospital where she is due to have her op and they confirmed that what she suffered was indeed a medical emergency and we were right to phone 999.

24 bloody hours!

Hope you are feeling better.

My wife is ill at the moment and is due for a serious operation. She was very unwell last week, in great pain and thought that her condition had suddenly gone completely to pot. Phoned 999 and was told that we could have an ambulance, but it would be 24 hours!!!!

So (like you) I did of course have to use the car to get to A&E. Luckily her pain abated and she is now gulping down the paracetamol (on the hospital's advice) until her op. We called the hospital where she is due to have her op and they confirmed that what she suffered was indeed a medical emergency and we were right to phone 999.

24 bloody hours!
That’s ridiculous, I’ll know they have to prioritise those not breathing, but when your in pain you need help there and then!

No issues with me.
Glad to hear it! Both my parents were treated in RB and left us fairly unhappy at the way they were looked after. I had a blazing row with staff after my mother was declared fit to go home and it transpired she couldn't even stand unsupported! My father, I was reliably informed by a nurse, had vascular dementia when, in fact he had a UTI which could be treated very simply.
So, as said, very glad to hear that you are ok with everything. Get well soon and take care!

Does the what not to do involve not going to work for a period of time?

3 - 6 months of "rest" so no running, strenuous stuff.
As you probably know by now its a viral infection of the heart muscle.
As for work depends if its physical or not - if it is get signed off or formalise light duties for a while. (y)
Its also the 3rd leading cause of sudden cardiac death in young adults.

3 - 6 months of "rest" so no running, strenuous stuff.
As you probably know by now its a viral infection of the heart muscle.
As for work depends if its physical or not - if it is get signed off or formalise light duties for a while. (y)
Its also the 3rd leading cause of sudden cardiac death in young adults.
Id argue my work isn’t physical but can be stressful

Back
Top Bottom