International News Immigration

Just to be clear, under International law, that the UK signs up to, anyone crossing the channel in a boat only becomes an illegal immigrant if they do not immediately hand themselves over to the authorities.

Which means that these thousands who are making the crossing are legal. The problem is not about them arriving, it's about the desperately inadequate provisions in place to process their asylum applications. As a consequence we are having to hold and house people for years at a huge cost to everyone.

For a fraction of the cost of the Rwanda deal we could process all claims within weeks and either then allow legitimate asylum cases to be granted and having these people able to then work and contribute to society, or to be legally deported to their home country or an alternative safe country.

The legislation already existed to deal with this, but rather than funding it appropriately, our Government has decided to spend billions holding people in hotels and now sending a tiny percentage to Rwanda. At the same time, and in order to justify this wring decision, they have ignored international and humanitarian law, and used demeaning and incendiary language that has ignited the support of the far right and hugely increased racial tensions in a generally welcoming and tolerant country.

The actions of the Tories are not only those of complete incompetence but also cruel and shameful.
How come other EC countries are wanting to adopt similar methods then ?

Its so easy to use emotive language,

Why is an attempt to stop illegal immigration methods masterminded by very nasty criminals ‘cruel and shameful’ ?

This pious, ‘I’m on the side of the angels’ guff should be beyond you.

What financial package do we offer asylum seekers?
We give them free accommodation, bills etc included and just under £50 a week. They also get free medical care, including free prescriptions, free dental care, free eyesight tests and glasses. All that is just while your claim is processed.

If you're successful you immediately become eligible for almost all benefits. You also gain the right to apply to bring your family over too, which if successful can push your eligibility for social housing into the higher brackets. That may not be necessary though, as support for renting private accommodation is available too.

Half of 'refugees' don't work. The huge disparity in employment rates between genuine economic migrants and 'refugees' remains even after 25 years in the country.

All of this is paid for by the hard working taxpayer, who have to pay for all this stuff themselves.

I don't know about you, but giving £5,000 to smugglers to get you to a country where you'll be able to live the rest of your life with everything provided for you seems like a pretty appealing option. It's no wonder so many are choosing to take it.

Exactly this. It stops becoming about safety and persecution when rather than just taking your family to the closest safe place you choose to travel alone half way across the world through countless safe countries to the place that conveniently offers you one of the best financial packages as an 'asylum seeker'.

On your point of integration, just yesterday we had an asylum seeker from Tunisia (why are we accepting asylum seekers from f*****g Tunisia?!?!) convicted of publicly showing support for Hamas on the streets of London. We also had a Moroccan 'asylum seeker' (again, why are we accepting asylum seekers from f*****g Morocco?!?!) convicted of stabbing an elderly man to death whilst chanting 'Allahu Akbar'. He claimed it was for Islam and the people of Gaza, whilst also claiming he wanted more victims. He had travelled from Morocco to Spain in 2007 and spent time in 13 different European countries before arriving in Britain. He spent 13 years living in Italy, Germany - where he was denied asylum - and Spain, before arriving in Middlesborough by ferry from the Netherlands in 2020. He claimed asylum and spent the next three years living in a hotel in Hull and then state-funded accommodation in a terraced house in Hartlepool.
If they are asylum seekers then we haven't accepted them! We just haven't f*****g assessed their claim and sent them back!

But you don't keep going on about this utter failure do you?!

We give them free accommodation, bills etc included and just under £50 a week. They also get free medical care, including free prescriptions, free dental care, free eyesight tests and glasses. All that is just while your claim is processed.

If you're successful you immediately become eligible for almost all benefits. You also gain the right to apply to bring your family over too, which if successful can push your eligibility for social housing into the higher brackets. That may not be necessary though, as support for renting private accommodation is available too.

Half of 'refugees' don't work. The huge disparity in employment rates between genuine economic migrants and 'refugees' remains even after 25 years in the country.

All of this is paid for by the hard working taxpayer, who have to pay for all this stuff themselves.

I don't know about you, but giving £5,000 to smugglers to get you to a country where you'll be able to live the rest of your life with everything provided for you seems like a pretty appealing option. It's no wonder so many are choosing to take it.
Yep, and as you say, all paid for by working British citizens.

It's not surprise society is breaking down, what's the point in working hard to pay for a society where everything is sucked away by parasites (meaning not only boat people, but shady offshore corporate entities, billionaires, Russians, Chinese, non-doms etc.).

And we fix this by processing claims fairly and quickly. This Government has pissed hundreds of millions up the wall by focusing on a scheme that will impact 200 people rather than addressing the real issue.

And I know that you Google everything, but where is the evidence that 50% of migrants don't work even after 25 years or more?

How come other EC countries are wanting to adopt similar methods then ?

Its so easy to use emotive language,

Why is an attempt to stop illegal immigration methods masterminded by very nasty criminals ‘cruel and shameful’ ?

This pious, ‘I’m on the side of the angels’ guff should be beyond you.

Absolutely nothing pious in anything I've posted. I've no issue whatsoever with controlling our immigration levels, both legally and illegally. My issue is spending hundreds of millions on a failed scheme that will have zero impact when that could have been used to fund proper border controls and to process applications fairly and efficiently.

But if the alternative view to yours is "on the side of angels" then sign me up!

Back
Top Bottom