General Mason Greenwood

Steve Gilbert

Another day and another footballer in the news for all the wrong things.
It has to be applauded to how brave his girlfriend is for publishing the abuse and coming out in public with it.
If there was ever an advert to report domestic abuse that is it.
I really hope Man United don’t try and protect the player now. He should be sacked with immediate affect and be dealt with by the law.

Football should not come into this. If the recordings are accurate, and they certainly appear to be, then this should be immediately dealt with by the police. I hope that the young girl involved gets all the support and protection she needs.

Another day and another footballer in the news for all the wrong things.
It has to be applauded to how brave his girlfriend is for publishing the abuse and coming out in public with it.
If there was ever an advert to report domestic abuse that is it.
I really hope Man United don’t try and protect the player now. He should be sacked with immediate affect and be dealt with by the law.
Also publishing it prevents him getting a super injunction which is another reason to applaud it.

Football should not come into this. If the recordings are accurate, and they certainly appear to be, then this should be immediately dealt with by the police. I hope that the young girl involved gets all the support and protection she needs.

Yes. All deeply unpleasant. The recordings and photos are out there.

Now I hope that the young woman has taken them to the authorities. She needs support now and not the inevitable and tawdry tit for tat battle that will come on social media.

Deeply unpleasant if all is as appears and, if proven, he`s finished and rightly so.

The difficulty I have is that, now the evidence from one party is in the public domain how does he get a fair trial if it goes that far?

One of the dangers of social media and its potential to impact due process. 🤷‍♀️

"On Sunday video, photos, and an audio recording were posted on the woman's Instagram account before being deleted."

I would presume the police are now following due process, gathering evidence and will proceed to arrest & charge if appropriate.

Evidence for all sorts of offences are often in the public domain. That doesn't prevent someone from getting a fair trial.

Deeply unpleasant if all is as appears and, if proven, he`s finished and rightly so.

The difficulty I have is that, now the evidence from one party is in the public domain how does he get a fair trial if it goes that far?

One of the dangers of social media and its potential to impact due process. 🤷‍♀️
He won’t necessarily need a trial. He may plead guilty…

Such a waste of a talented young footballer. But if found guilty then throw the book at him

Scum he should never be allowed to play football again I hope his GF gets all the support she needs if there is one thing I hate is men ( if you can call them that ) that hit woman

I couldn't give a single s**t about talent or career, if what has been alleged happened then the only life I care about is that of the young girl involved. However as this is now in the hands of the police I'll wait until an investigation and trial are concluded before making further assumptions.

817359EF-0803-46E4-ACF2-48FF3C456391.jpeg

Very strange statement from the young girls father. Not quite sure what to make of it. Hope the book is thrown at him regardless, absolutely disgusting.

View attachment 8000

Very strange statement from the young girls father. Not quite sure what to make of it. Hope the book is thrown at him regardless, absolutely disgusting.

I saw this quote but couldn’t find it on the DM website recently so think it’s been taken down. It’s a confusing series of comments which gives the impression of someone who didn’t have all the facts or had a microphone thrust in their face and said something with little time to prepare (or a made up/paraphrased quote put together by a hack at the DM).

I saw this quote but couldn’t find it on the DM website recently so think it’s been taken down. It’s a confusing series of comments which gives the impression of someone who didn’t have all the facts or had a microphone thrust in their face and said something with little time to prepare (or a made up/paraphrased quote put together by a hack at the DM).
It’s a statement that suggests they are trying to protect their daughter from any back lash from Greenwood fans or they have been offered a large sum of money to try and keep it under wraps but unfortunately now it’s out there, police have to act.
What it has shown is that on social media there really are some low life people in society who try and justify it. I’ve even seen more than 1 person say it can’t be rape if she is his girlfriend!!

No means no, end of.

I couldn't give a single s**t about talent or career, if what has been alleged happened then the only life I care about is that of the young girl involved. However as this is now in the hands of the police I'll wait until an investigation and trial are concluded before making further assumptions.
Trouble is that we know what usually happens with famous footballers who go on trial no matter what the evidence appears to suggest

So according to sky sports this thing has been rearrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill if all these accusations are true he will be finished

So according to sky sports this thing has been rearrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill if all these accusations are true he will be finished
puts a different meaning to the term ' Greenwood running down the wing', if he's been banged up in Strangeways on remand

Back
Top Bottom