General Lord Aamer Ahmad Sarfraz

If I was launching a tech company, he's the sort of person I might want on my Board. Experienced and well connected (especially with investors).

For a football club? :unsure:

Football is an unusual (OK, it's a complete basket case of an) industry, and on the face of it, he doesn't look to have any familiarity with it (or the real estate industry for that matter, which is the other half of the club's focus at the moment).

Not really clear what he's going to bring other than another intelligent voice in the room.......

It maybe less a case of what he knows but more who he knows.

He was the PM's Trade Envoy to Singapore so clearly well connected in the upper echelons of the current government.

As the Triangle is green belt there is a possibility any decision could be referred to the Secretary of State for approval. At which point his connections could prove useful.

Perhaps for his private equity/funding connections? Private equity firms often have directors appointed to oversee their investment...

Electrum Group does investments in metals, and Draper Associates does early round investing in tech companies. 3i has a broader portfolio - but that was his first job out of uni 20 years ago, and he only worked there for a year.

The only institutional investors who could conceivably be interested in OUFC would be those who focus on real estate deals, and he's no clear connection with any of those (at least according to his Linkedin page.......looks like he's a 2nd degree connection of mine.....maybe I should try Connecting with him and ask!)

WarksOx theory seems more likely to me.

It maybe less a case of what he knows but more who he knows.

He was the PM's Trade Envoy to Singapore so clearly well connected in the upper echelons of the current government.

As the Triangle is green belt there is a possibility any decision could be referred to the Secretary of State for approval. At which point his connections could prove useful.
The application would need to be referred under the relevant regulations, so potentially helpful indeed.

The only institutional investors who could conceivably be interested in OUFC would be those who focus on real estate deals

Or mining. Perhaps gold's been discovered in Scotland........

Just a way to grease the tory graft machine. Look away.

Legend already then. :)

Bet some folk were choking on their soya latte frapochinos..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Choked on my hot cocoa, not at the Conservative Party Chairman bit,just the fact that anything Johnson does is toxic.
Johnson never gives anything for nothing, let’s hope our new Director hasn’t loaned the lying fucker any money

Yeah but will he be on the recruitment committee? Could be a risky move, we have seven people in 100% harmony at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: BDJ
Interesting that he has only been appointed so far as a Director of OU WFC Limited.
LAAS appointed 27 April 2022, same date as Grant Ferguson and Horst Geicke to OUWFC.

Ferguson appointed to OUFC Limited 18 July 2022, Geicke 11 Sep 2018.

I wonder why appointed to OUWFC and not OUFC? perhaps OUFC needs more on the Owners and Directors test?
Or maybe it is just an appointment for OUWFC and not for OUFC?
I wonder why/where Oxvox picked this up without making it clear it was OUWFC. Or do they know more?

Yeah but will he be on the recruitment committee? Could be a risky move, we have seven people in 100% harmony at the moment.
Nah. 'The Magnificent Eight' doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Back
Top Bottom