Local Elections

Dillon

Now I know the headline is obvious, but it did encourage you to read the thread.

It’s fantastic that we have reached the playoffs and if we score more goals than Peterborough we will be at Wembley.

However we have a far more important issue in which we can make a difference, the future of our club.

The month of May 2024 is proving to be one of the most influential months in our history and WE can help by first of all ensuring we turn out on the 2nd May and vote for candidates who are fully behind the Community Stadium at the Triangle, therefore helping to secure the clubs future.

On the 4th of May we can help our club by supporting the manager and players to take the first step towards Wembley and eventually Championship football.

Please don’t lose sight of the importance of securing our future during the exciting next few weeks.

@Dillon I hope you don’t mind if I copy and paste what I posted in the planning thread yesterday, It might help and give a nudge to supporters in those particular wards to go out on Thursday and vote for a pro stadium party/candidate.

These are the wards up for election on Thursday 2nd May 2024 in Cherwell District Council and West Oxfordshire District Council respectively.

I have listed the previous result (first two parties) in that particular ward.

C.D.C

Adderbury, Bloxham & Bodicote LD / CON

Banbury Calthorpe & Easington LAB / CON

Banbury Cross & Nelthorpe LAB / CON

Banbury Grimsby & Hightown LAB / CON

Banbury Hardwick LAB / CON

Banbury Ruscote LAB / CON

Bicester East GREEN / CON

Bicester North & Caversfield LD / CON

Bicester South & Ambroseden LD / CON

Bicester West IND / CON

Cropredy, Sibfords & Wroxton CON / LD (No Green candidate standing) *

Deddington CON / LAB

Fringford & Heyfords CON / LD

Kidlington East GREEN / CON

Kidlington West LD / CON **

Launton & Otmoor LD / CON **

* No Green Candidate standing this time, previously Vicky Campbell stood for the Greens.
** Green Candidate standing this time, previously no green candidate stood.

Conclusion;

Banbury appears to be a straight fight between Labour and Conservative.

Conservatives are the best placed party to beat the LibDems and the Greens in all the other wards.

Last time out an independent won Bicester West with Conservative next. The same ward has another independent standing this time. Views on stadium need clarification.

W.O.D.C.

Chadlington & Churchill CON / LD

Chalbury & Finstock LD / CON

Chipping Norton LAB / CON

Eynsham & Cassington LD / CON

Freeland & Hanborough LD / CON

Hailey, Minster Lovell & Leafield CON LD

Kingham , Rollright & Enstone CON / GREEN (No LD Candidate)

Milton U Wychwood CON / LD

North Leigh CON / LAB

Standlake, Aston & Stanto Harcourt CON / LD

Stonesfield & Tackley LD / CON (LD candidate Gareth Epps supportive of stadium)

Witney Central LAB / CON

Witney East LAB / CON

Witney North GREEN / IND / CON ( No LD candidate last time, but there is this time, & no Ind candidate this time)

Witney South LAB / CON

Witney West CON / LAB

Woodstock & Bladon LD / CON (Con candidate is Ian Hudspeth, known OUFC fan)

Conclusion;

Like Banbury, Witney, Chipping Norton and North Leigh appears to be a straight fight between Labour and Conservative, apart from Witney North.

Conservatives are the best placed party to beat the LibDems and the Greens in all the other wards.

Witney North; Greens won last time out, but LDs did not stand.

LibDems not fielding a candidate in Kingham.

Hopefully I’ve got that all correct, please feel free to put me right!

No issues. The more we highlight what we the fans can do to help the dream become a reality the better.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, how is it determined which councillors make up the planning committee? Is it based on % of seats by party, by party alliances or some other means. Just trying to understand what it might look like post election.

Well up here we only get to vote for a PCC.

And yes I`ve voted both in a form of protest against the incumbent and tactically.

That`ll make @Sheik djibouti and @QR choke on their muesli. :ROFLMAO:

Mods, perhaps an important point:

People should not say how they voted - Election law (specifically section 66A of the Representation of the People Act 1983) makes it an offence to publish before the polls close at 10pm

Back
Top Bottom