General Letters/Emails to Cherwell District Council

billyturleyscurlywurly

How can fans help now that the planning application has been submitted?

The club encourages fans to write letters or emails to Cherwell District Council expressing their support for the application.

The ref number is 24/00539/F.

Key points you may wish to include could be securing the future of the club and what a new stadium would mean to you.

You can support the application here:

It would be really powerful to take some time to look through the proposal in detail and to acknowledge some of the key points in any submissions to CDC, along with the importance of the stadium to you and others.

I'm going to try to get time this weekend to go through as much of the proposal as I can and will share points that I think are relevant, and would encourage those with the time to do likewise and share for those who simply haven't the time to study it in depth.

This forum has been the driving force for engagement at every stage of this project, and it is more important than ever to do our bit again.

Our future is in our own hands. Please can everyone find the time to contact CDC directly or through the planning portal. Share your submissions on here and across social media and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

From the stadium thread.

sent mine in earlier today- been in touch with (OUFC supporting) family members in and around Kidlington, in the shire and further afield too... my youngest lad and his partner have already submitted their comments of support. Plenty more to follow.

Being a technophobe, is there a way to view the pro and against comments that have been submitted on the CDC application page? -I know its likely to be very obvious, even though it isn't to me !

sent mine in earlier today- been in touch with (OUFC supporting) family members in and around Kidlington, in the shire and further afield too... my youngest lad and his partner have already submitted their comments of support. Plenty more to follow.

Being a technophobe, is there a way to view the pro and against comments that have been submitted on the CDC application page? -I know its likely to be very obvious, even though it isn't to me !

On the application page go onto the supporting docs tab, then scroll to the bottom and you will see public comments, click on the underlined bit and that will bring up a pdf of the comment for you to read.

On the application page go onto the supporting docs tab, then scroll to the bottom and you will see public comments, click on the underlined bit and that will bring up a pdf of the comment for you to read.
Cheers @holdsteady - appreciated

notice that FoSB have put in a comment against* - will @OxVox & @OUSP submit supportive comments as organisations ( and any other OUFC supporters groups- especially any Fan groups in Kidlington/ Cherwell area- Kidlington Residents for Stratfield Brake/The triangle FB group perhaps?) , after all whats good for the goose etc?

* edit- ah, the FoSB intentionally misleading one about bats (!) that went live when last nights FF was ongoing

Last edited:
Cheers @holdsteady - appreciated

notice that FoSB have put in a comment against* - will @OxVox & @OUSP submit supportive comments as organisations ( and any other OUFC supporters groups- especially any Fan groups in Kidlington/ Cherwell area- Kidlington Residents for Stratfield Brake/The triangle FB group perhaps?) , after all whats good for the goose etc?

* edit- ah, the FoSB intentionally misleading one about bats (!) that went live when last nights FF was ongoing

I should add, Sarge, that when you download the PDF of each comment it lists 'Support' or 'Object' in the document file name so you can do a running tally that way.

It's a slightly annoying manual job and clogs up your downloads folder but I confess I've not found a better way to do it.

I should add, Sarge, that when you download the PDF of each comment it lists 'Support' or 'Object' in the document file name so you can do a running tally that way.

It's a slightly annoying manual job and clogs up your downloads folder but I confess I've not found a better way to do it.
Using Edge Browser (not tried others) you don't need to actually download the files. If I click on the first one in the list...

1709914503708.png

...you can see it is supporting. If I click on the third one...

1709914470785.png

...you can see it is an objection. No need to actually download the file and open it. Of course if the name is longer you can't see the Support or Object text so it won't work for all.

Back
Top Bottom