General Goalies?

Oldman159

I guess me not paying attention but enjoying myself at things other than football in the off season has its downside.
Amongst many other things, I’m a bit confused over our goalie options.🤔

Haven’t we just got a third keeper in? So….. Why was Easty in goal and Jack on the bench? Injury?, Jack on his way?

If you’re ITK please explain the current thinking at the Kashstad.😬

I’m as confused as the next fan. I can’t believe we’ve gone into the new season not knowing who our best keeper is. Much the same as we ended the season really. If McGinty is the answer then put him in now.

I’m as confused as the next fan. I can’t believe we’ve gone into the new season not knowing who our best keeper is. Much the same as we ended the season really. If McGinty is the answer then put him in now.

This article suggests he had an ankle problem at the start of July so I guess that's why we haven't seen him play.

I think McGinty is the "spare" ready for when one of the two decides to up sticks and go elsewhere, although I`m not overly sure anyone will be knocking the door down to get them.

Wayne Brown's Instagram is a good place to go to see how they handle training routines:

For what it's worth, McGinty looks very agile.

KR doesn’t know his best GK. Pre-season proved that.

His abandonment of the defence will cost us again this season unless he sorts it soon. Which he won’t because gung-ho attacking football whilst shipping goals galore is now his forte. And that he thinks a LWB is a LB and our second choice LB is a CB.

Kind of fed up with it now.

KR doesn’t know his best GK. Pre-season proved that.

His abandonment of the defence will cost us again this season unless he sorts it soon. Which he won’t because gung-ho attacking football whilst shipping goals galore is now his forte. And that he thinks a LWB is a LB and our second choice LB is a CB.

Kind of fed up with it now.
Let's see?
I reckon Findlay will be a big upgrade.

Let's see?
I reckon Findlay will be a big upgrade.

Findlay has replaced McNally. You could argue the toss forever more as to who is better and it’s too early to truly say. However we know we’ve lost one exceptional defender for one who should - in theory - be pretty good.

The rest are the same personnel who failed to make the playoffs last year - including Brown. Gorrin returning should be a plus but we desperately need upgrades. KR seems loathe to sign them and that’s foolish to me.

Last edited:
I think McGinty will play in the cup game coming up. Then he may well keep out Eastwood as Stevens may well be loaned out to L2 until he improves and comes back

So…I ask again, why is Stevens not playing? IMHO He was so much better than Easty last season.

I didn't think either were great but Stevens was particularly poor last season, I'd just about prefer Eastwood but really hope McGinty is a good upgrade on both of them.

Poor or just not at the standards set in 2020-21? There seems to be an attitude that because he wasn’t as good he was instantly awful. To me, that hasn’t been the case. He wasn’t dropping clangers (Eastwood was prior to Stevens taking over) - just not reaching the heights we’d seen previously.

Likewise, Sam Long. He wasn’t bad last season. Simply not as good as 2020-21.

Having watched McGinty in goal for the pre-match shooting practice, I can only hope that he wasn't really trying.....

Back
Top Bottom