General Flying to Matches

Seriously hoping this was nothing to do with a letter to Jim'll Fix It 😬
No, but since you mention it, our school - Headington Middle - did participate in a Jim'll Fix It filming at the Manor. Some Man Utd kid complained about the League Cup result and had the match replayed.

If a team wants to fly and it makes logistical sense then fair play to them.

It's nobody else's business!

I agree with the sentiment but to make a real environmental impact this is very minor stuff. China used 14.3 million barrels of oil a day, America 20 million barrels. To make a major difference there needs to be pacts made on a major global level.

But I do like the feeling behind it and it's coming from a good place.

Wasn't it Arsenal?
Yeah it was against Arsenal, I went to the filming of it. It is on YouTube (apologies for the appearance of a child molestor, don't watch if that will bother you, I've skipped past that bit at the beginning)...

Brilliant clip of the old scoreboard as well :love:

1697117512751.png

Yeah it was against Arsenal, I went to the filming of it. It is on YouTube (apologies for the appearance of a child molestor, don't watch if that will bother you, I've skipped past that bit at the beginning)...

Brilliant clip of the old scoreboard as well :love:

View attachment 16205
Great scoreboard. Don't make them like that nowadays. Was that Les Bateman (groundsman) watching the teanscrun out? More mud than grass. Hebberd use to take the ball through the mud such was his engine. No one could live with him.

I agree with the sentiment but to make a real environmental impact this is very minor stuff. China used 14.3 million barrels of oil a day, America 20 million barrels. To make a major difference there needs to be pacts made on a major global level.

But I do like the feeling behind it and it's coming from a good place.
My neighbour beats all ten of his children, I only beat one. Why should i stop?

My neighbour beats all ten of his children, I only beat one. Why should i stop?
I do agree with the sentiment, but when I see the Radcliffe being vandolised I think it's more important people pressure their governments or protest outside of embassies like the US, China or Russia than vandalise the UK.

Our countries commitment to net zero is pretty intense. Other countries need to follow suit.

But I do agree with the stopping of needless flying to football matches.

Well, apart from the issuing of new fossil fuel licences and watering down all of the commitments we made in the last decade...
(Hear me out!) but I'm broadly in favour of the UK looking for fossil fuels in the North Sea. Fact is (sadly I might add) we still are reliant on fossil fuels for the moment, I would rather we sourced some of it ourselves (tax money going to us, creating jobs) than buying it from the OPEC cabal largely comprised of human rights abusing states. Sometimes we have to make decisions for the economy, we are FAR less selfish than the majority of other nations around the globe)

I hope that doesn't make me seem like some kind of 'climate denier' because I hate what humanity is doing to the world. I just think we must have some realism around the topic.

Where did they get the crowd from? Amazing and scary the influence that jim will fix it had at the time!

Where did they get the crowd from? Amazing and scary the influence that jim will fix it had at the time!
Mostly local schools. There wasn't a massive amount in the crowd, we were moved about for different shots so looked like more than there was.

Back
Top Bottom