Fan's View Fan's View No.8 - Not Crewe at Home part 2 / Rant against The Big Picture.

Said this on the other thread.....but there's no way that Project Big Picture is going to happen.

The clubs that get screwed most of all are the other 11 clubs in the Premier League (no vote, no parachute payment, fewer spots in the league and they probably get less money from any TV deal because more is flowing to the EFL).

Rumors suggest that the proposal only has six votes at the moment from PL execs - and it needs 14 to pass!

The fact that the EFL supports it (because they are desperate for the cash) is irrelevant.

I have thought that to some extent but this is quite possibly an opening bid with more to come with further sweeteners for the also-rans in the PL which will help ensure there is an even greater likelihood that they drop into the Championship and stay there without having an even better chance of bouncing back than they would do now under current arrangements.
I would love to have you optimism Tony, that we're (EFL) not going to get screwed over one way or another.

"The Premier League clubs have kicked Project Big Picture into the long grass and agreed instead to hold an urgent strategy review involving all 20 members, as well as making a new bail-out offer to the EFL." - Posted on the Times website a couple of hours ago. :)

Well put @Paul B (as always)

one slight disappointment though, ...no FV or perhaps FE (fans ear) re the OUFC V HUFC friendly ( 25 min each way) last night broadcast live on radio Oxford?

HU keeper Jack Stevens saved a pen from OU striker Matty Taylor, both OU & HU kept clean sheets .... though neither team could score

I have thought that to some extent but this is quite possibly an opening bid with more to come with further sweeteners for the also-rans in the PL which will help ensure there is an even greater likelihood that they drop into the Championship and stay there without having an even better chance of bouncing back than they would do now under current arrangements.
I would love to have you optimism Tony, that we're (EFL) not going to get screwed over one way or another.

Oh, I'm not optimistic!
I don't think Project Big Picture is going to happen - but I also have no confidence that we're going to see a significant alternative bailout plan either.

Meaning I'm extremely doubtful that we're going to get to the end of the current season with all 72 of the EFL clubs intact.....

Oh, I'm not optimistic!
I don't think Project Big Picture is going to happen - but I also have no confidence that we're going to see a significant alternative bailout plan either.

Meaning I'm extremely doubtful that we're going to get to the end of the current season with all 72 of the EFL clubs intact.....
Me too.

Oh, I'm not optimistic!

From the BBC article:

"The clubs also decided on a £50m rescue package for League One and Two clubs at the meeting."

So it looks like Lg 1 and Lg 2 clubs should just about be ok (unless it is given in a convoluted way) and if any go then it would be a Championship club.

From the BBC article:

"The clubs also decided on a £50m rescue package for League One and Two clubs at the meeting."

So it looks like Lg 1 and Lg 2 clubs should just about be ok (unless it is given in a convoluted way) and if any go then it would be a Championship club.
one who's initials are WWFC ?

Well put @Paul B (as always)

one slight disappointment though, ...no FV or perhaps FE (fans ear) re the OUFC V HUFC friendly ( 25 min each way) last night broadcast live on radio Oxford?

HU keeper Jack Stevens saved a pen from OU striker Matty Taylor, both OU & HU kept clean sheets .... though neither team could score

We demand a FV!

Back
Top Bottom