Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.21: Grimsby at home

A good read as normal Paul.

On the ticket front, I really don't understand why the away tickets can't be sent via E Mail for download? This seems to have caused problems in.the Fleetwood and Northampton games. Technology is supposed to make things easier!

I agree with you on Goodrham. He is young, a winger and so has some dips in form, not surprisingly. It does surprise me to see in other threads Oxford supporters suggesting that Goodrham is not good enough to be a back up wide man for us? In his last couple of cameo performances, it looks to me as if he could be getting back to his best (maybe he will get a start today?)

On the ticket front, I really don't understand why the away tickets can't be sent via E Mail for download? This seems to have caused problems in.the Fleetwood and Northampton games. Technology is supposed to make things easier!
I like to keep the ticket stubs (or mostly the entire ticket as they no longer rip any of it off) but it is a bit strange that we aren't offered print at home for away games. Most gigs you go to nowadays will insist on a QR code / print at home, there's no other option.

My Peterborough tickets were posted a fortnight ago but never arrived so having to pick them up on the day is a minor irritation, especially with rain forecast and a five year old in tow!

I like to keep the ticket stubs (or mostly the entire ticket as they no longer rip any of it off) but it is a bit strange that we aren't offered print at home for away games. Most gigs you go to nowadays will insist on a QR code / print at home, there's no other option.

My Peterborough tickets were posted a fortnight ago but never arrived so having to pick them up on the day is a minor irritation, especially with rain forecast and a five year old in tow!
A mate went to pick his tickets up as he'd opted for collection only to be told that they'd been posted out.
We are now entering the Christmas posting period and that can be chaotic.

I thought Grimsby played some neat, possession based football that belied their league position - although the end product certainly explained their predicament. I'm not sure what I was expecting to be honest but given Artell's previous, I couldn't imagine long ball tactics.

As usual, a couple of posters on the forum predicted a long ball assault on a par with Cheltenham, although that was based on league position rather than prior knowledge. Nick Harris also said the same in his pre-match analysis but as usual, seemed to have done little homework or research, other than looking at the table. He really needs to be pensioned off I'm afraid - his knowledge is scant at best and much of what he says is ill-informed. Is it too much to ask to have somebody who has a genuine informed understanding?

Radio 5 is the same, wheeling out Mark 'Clem' Clemmit, who's entire schtick seems to be that he knows more about the Football League than his Premier League obsessed colleagues and producers (ie not much at all!).

Last edited:
Interesting point on the home attendances for the two FA Cup games. 3431 vs Maidenhead and 3278 vs Grimsby. In between was Bolton with reported home attendance of 7742 for a Tuesday night.
The league match includes season ticket holders whether they turn up or not, and I don't think we had any meaningful update on ST sales this season after the first few weeks.
I'm trying to guess how many ST holders would have bought FA Cup tickets vs how many didn't bother? and also how many non ST holders we have for a Tuesday night game?

Nice read Paul, but I beg to disagree about Rodrigues. I thought he was fouled but his response was out of order. I think opponents are beginning to realise what a skilful player he is and he is beginning to be targeted. As for Mark Harris again the running off the ball and consequently the pressure he puts on the defenders led to a few mistakes by them and hurried passes especially in the second half. As for his goalscoring well that's another question and I don't know if playing alongside someone will improve his goals for.

Nice read Paul, but I beg to disagree about Rodrigues. I thought he was fouled but his response was out of order. I think opponents are beginning to realise what a skilful player he is and he is beginning to be targeted. As for Mark Harris again the running off the ball and consequently the pressure he puts on the defenders led to a few mistakes by them and hurried passes especially in the second half. As for his goalscoring well that's another question and I don't know if playing alongside someone will improve his goals for.
Fair point about Rodrigues being fouled but players get fouled all the time. I didn't note it as being a really nasty one but it may have been.

Back
Top Bottom