Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.17: Maidenhead at home

Thanks Paul. It really was a funny old day. We sat in our usual seats (lucky us!) and enjoyed the different conversations around us. A few regulars were in attendance as well but seated in more unusual seats. We were greeted with raised eyebrows and a general sigh to indicate their relocation was not made out of choice! The game itself was due a few sighs, not a convincing performance but, we won, we are in the next round and, at home to boot. I wonder if the club will make a better effort at promoting this? First weekend of December, I can almost hear the powers that be deciding that we will all go Christmas shopping instead!

As with yourself, we moved in the SSU to the other side of the directors box and consequently were surrounded by a different group of fans. It was quite noticeable that some of our older fans (and I'm no spring chicken) were seemingly frustrated by our desire to knock the ball around and patiently seek an opportunity. There were quite a few 'get it foward' and 'bang it over the top' type comments.

As with yourself, we moved in the SSU to the other side of the directors box and consequently were surrounded by a different group of fans. It was quite noticeable that some of our older fans (and I'm no spring chicken) were seemingly frustrated by our desire to knock the ball around and patiently seek an opportunity. There were quite a few 'get it foward' and 'bang it over the top' type comments.
They'd be better off watching park football.

Good read Paul - as usual - but reckon the Liam Manning situation will dominate this week?

IMO they should bring in the EFL Trophy rule regarding how many players from previous League Game need to play, Or clubs in the top two leagues name a 20 man cup squad at the beginning of the season. No replacements except for a long term injury.
Including the final
TBH it would be good in the League Cup too.

Back
Top Bottom