Fan's View 19/20 - Sunderland at home

Thank you for the report. Along with your positives, I'd emphasize Fordes performance, I thought he played well in what I assume is an unusual starting position for him. What I liked especially were his deliveries into the box from set-pieces or otherwise. A pity of course that no one was able to get on the end of them, unlike at Burton for our late equalizer in the previous game. Much better than anything I've seen Long deliver from open play.

Yes, agreed about the ref. being poor - again! Having checked the timing, from the injury to when Wright was substituted was over three minutes, but I just knew this ref. was not going to add say seven minutes at the end.
I thought Forde had a good game, too. A better prospect there than Long, I think, certainly as an attacker. I hope he’s given time to settle into the role.

I thought Forde had a good game, too. A better prospect there than Long, I think, certainly as an attacker. I hope he’s given time to settle into the role.

He looks better on the ball, but he looked rusty which was to be expected.

Wish I had your optimism. If we play like we did against Lincoln, West Ham etc. from here to the end of the season we would get promoted. But I can’t see any evidence that this is going to happen.

As for our home record being decent – it will not continue to be decent if we continue to play as we are. And even as it we’ve averaged 1.928571 (I love a lengthy decimal number) points per game played at the Kassam but that’s bettered by seven clubs: Portsmouth, Wycombe, Coventry, Peterborough, Sunderland, Fleetwood and Lincoln (Yes, Mapp’s team). Interestingly not Rotherham or Ipswich. The Tractor Boys have only won six of their 14 home games so far. So a chance on Saturday perhaps. Thing is though, past performance does not guarantee future performance. Good or bad.

If we play well against Wimbledon I will obviously reassess. To me well isn’t just having a lot of possession but also attacking with intent, scoring goals and being better defensively than we have been in the last few games. Easy.

We need to win tonight, that is a fact.

A team doesn't have to play well to win though, although admittedly you would be an ultra-optimist to think we could play badly and win 7 of our remaining 8 home games! I didn't think we played particularly well against Blackpool but we won. I thought the second half performance v Sunderland was the best we 've played for a while, but we lost.

Anyway, all this positivity will no doubt come back to bite me on the a**e, but COYY!

We need to win tonight, that is a fact.

A team doesn't have to play well to win though, although admittedly you would be an ultra-optimist to think we could play badly and win 7 of our remaining 8 home games! I didn't think we played particularly well against Blackpool but we won.
I thought the second half performance v Sunderland was the best we 've played for a while, but we lost.

Anyway, all this positivity will no doubt come back to bite me on the a**e, but COYY!

In 100% agreement with this.
Hope your a**e remains bite free.

Back
Top Bottom