Home Match Day Thread +++ FAC 4th Replay - OUFC v Newcastle United MDT +++

I dont know whether I prefer the cup games where we get battered and you walk out thinking, fair enough, or the games like this or City earlier in the season where you think, well, they probbaly deserved to win... but we HAD OUR CHANCES. It's so frustrating. It's also tinged with regret that had we had a fully fit Brannagan , Taylor and Henry we could probably have walked this.

120 mins in the legs obviously not ideal for Peterborough, but I think we needed a night like this to reinstall some feelgood factor in and around the stadium and to bring the players together as a group. I hope they realise after a performance like that that nobody in this league will be above them, and we should go into every league game thinking we should be winning this.
Good post that, huge task on Saturday with tired bodies and minds.

I hope the club show their celebrations of the 3rd goal to the players every day. Big Newcastle Utd celebrating like that on our pitch - says a lot about us and them as a club. Not the classiest of outfits - the owner and fans are a good match. Strange folk and well deluded about who they really are.

Very proud of the team today, we were up and down and looked leggy at times, but you can't question much of anything to push a team from the top league that cloose. To keep going like we did is a credit to everyone. This team is capable of going up, but it's a question of belief and fitness.

Mackie was absolutely awful once again. Based on today's performance it is clear as day that Daniel Agyei should be starting week in week out. Agyei and Kelly were the game changers and it is clear to see that Karl Robinson continues to ignore Agyei based on personal reasons rather than ability. He can literally do everything on the ball. He has strong hold up play, pace, dribbling ability and win headers. Karl Robinson should honestly hang his head in shame for overlooking Agyei in favour of Mackie without fail.
And yet on Radio Oxford after the match he praised other players and all he said about Agyei was that he “missed a sitter”. Cheers for that Karl. Let’s just overlook the lad’s positivity and the fact that it was his pace, power and directness that won Kelly’s free kick. He’ll love hearing that back, I’m sure. Also good to know that Ritchie throwing his body in the way of that ‘sitter’ couldn’t have meant much. Not often you hear a manager practically having a sulk over a player doing well. Weird.

Another enjoyable adventure comes to an end with the team able to hold their heads up high. Games galore in L1 coming up now - bring it on.

Mackie was absolutely awful once again. Based on today's performance it is clear as day that Daniel Agyei should be starting week in week out. Agyei and Kelly were the game changers and it is clear to see that Karl Robinson continues to ignore Agyei based on personal reasons rather than ability. He can literally do everything on the ball. He has strong hold up play, pace, dribbling ability and win headers. Karl Robinson should honestly hang his head in shame for overlooking Agyei in favour of Mackie without fail.
He managed to stop a goal as well, in fairness he wasn,t terrible but it is time for him to be replaced for sure, I hope he is used sparingly from now on.

I hope the club show their celebrations of the 3rd goal to the players every day. Big Newcastle Utd celebrating like that on our pitch - says a lot about us and them as a club. Not the classiest of outfits - the owner and fans are a good match. Strange folk and well deluded about who they really are.

Very proud of the team today, we were up and down and looked leggy at times, but you can't question much of anything to push a team from the top league that cloose. To keep going like we did is a credit to everyone. This team is capable of going up, but it's a question of belief and fitness.

Never been a big fan of the Geordies but I think it’s great they’re treating the FA Cup with respect and that celebration shows they know they’ve been in a game.

Never been a big fan of the Geordies but I think it’s great they’re treating the FA Cup with respect and that celebration shows they know they’ve been in a game.
Would they accept that at their place? Not a chance! They are just glad to win a game for a change - what dire side to watch ;)

The weird thing is I'm not even that down. We were pretty bad for about 70 mins of that first 90. But those last 20 mins were incredible. Sykes utter class as was Dickie.

Have to say their winner was quite brilliant from the only Newcastle player I had any worry about. Was nervous everytime he got the ball.

Let's go get a result at Peterborough now. COYY

Back
Top Bottom