Fabio Lopes

At 16 yrs old, I would have thought being with Chris Allen’s u23s would be a more beneficial environment than conference south for the time being.

With one up front, when will he play? Smith and Obika are ahead of him. If he can play in the three behind then maybe.
He didn't play in the centre forward position on Tuesday.

He needs to stay with the squad, even being on the bench would help his development. A relatively small 16 year old would get kicked lumps out of them in the conference which would hamper rather than help his development. Worth remembering that he is 3 years younger than Napa, in development terms that is a considerable difference!

Keeping him in the U23’s means the coaches can keep an eye on his development rather than relying on another clubs agenda to get the most out of a short term loan.

I may be wrong but I don’t think he can go out on loan until he signs a professional contract, so December at least

I’d personally keep him about the youth set up and 23s to see how he develops, no point chucking him in at the deep end

Almost certain you can go out on loan before signing a pro contract, I can't think of who did it but it happened last season or the one before and the rules are a bit different where the player can come back and play for the youth team as well as for the feeder club

EDIT: On further inspection I may be talking B*****s

In terms of compensation if he leaves, it's better that he has been in the first team than not.

For those that have seen him play, what type of forward is he?

He needs to stay with the squad, even being on the bench would help his development. A relatively small 16 year old would get kicked lumps out of them in the conference which would hamper rather than help his development. Worth remembering that he is 3 years younger than Napa, in development terms that is a considerable difference!

Keeping him in the U23’s means the coaches can keep an eye on his development rather than relying on another clubs agenda to get the most out of a short term loan.
For those that have seen him play, what type of forward is he?
GOOD

? But good in what way? Is he a poacher? Is he skillful on the ball?
He is a young lad when fights for the ball not afraid to get stuck in, as regard whether he is a poacher, we won’t know that until we see him more regularly, but as Robbo says he is one for the future. Still only 16 and raw and having watched him innpre season and Tuesday you can feel it in your bones that he will be good.

He would have more chance of progressing with us. Problem is too many of these promising young players go to the bigger clubs and then promptly disappear without trace. Our coaching set up is as good as anywhere else for him and KR does have history of developing young players.

He would have more chance of progressing with us. Problem is too many of these promising young players go to the bigger clubs and then promptly disappear without trace. Our coaching set up is as good as anywhere else for him and KR does have history of developing young players.

Tbf he has already been at a big club in Portugal, Sporting Lisbon I think.

Great, we can sell him for 20 million and buy the ground, we can then actually move forward, yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Almost certain you can go out on loan before signing a pro contract, I can't think of who did it but it happened last season or the one before and the rules are a bit different where the player can come back and play for the youth team as well as for the feeder club

EDIT: On further inspection I may be talking B*****s
Without checking anything, I think there is an option to go out on 'work experience' at another club, which is maybe how we get round this...?

Without checking anything, I think there is an option to go out on 'work experience' at another club, which is maybe how we get round this...?
There’s also ‘Youth Loans’ isn’t there?

I first watching him vs Oxford City in the pre-season game. I thought he was a trialist in his early 20's not a 16 year kid. I was immediately impressed. He was always v good when he came on @ MK Dons. Stood out, way he came for the ball and brought players into play. Bright future indeed.

Back
Top Bottom