General Don't you just love the airlines! (BA in particular)

Manorlounger

Woken up this morning by Mrs Lounger clutching her phone and clearly upset. "We've had an email from British Airways"

Wonderful customer service and ever so sympathetic to their passengers they had sent the following:
1655629967192.png
Great! They had already changed our outbound flight and now they wanted to just leave us in Spain. Fortunately, after several minutes on the laptop and much cursing, we are re-booked on a flight back to Heathrow. Lucky for us our travel arrangements could be altered to match and the taxi booked to collect us worked out cheaper from Heathrow.
We may start drinking a little earlier today. I hate to think what others are going to be facing this summer.
Oh, yes, don't even think about calling the BA customer service number. They are all working from home - the one home, the one without a phone.

I detect a hint of disappointment in this post almost to the level of biscuit selection in the SSU world. :)

Must say Jet2 from EMA have been spot on and no problems at all barring a late boarding gate switch at La Palma.

To add to the saga, just been reading countless tweets bemoaning the long wait for luggage at T5 Heathrow. (That's if it actually arrives at all!)
It seems that our once great national airline has gone to the dogs entirely.

They took 24 hours to deliver our baggage to Atlanta earlier this year. We've filled out their delayed baggage compensation form, chased it up via their 'chase up a complaint form' and 2 months later, still not a dickie bird. Onto the aviation ombudsman next and if required the courts as silence/ignoring us is not going to work!

They took 24 hours to deliver our baggage to Atlanta earlier this year. We've filled out their delayed baggage compensation form, chased it up via their 'chase up a complaint form' and 2 months later, still not a dickie bird. Onto the aviation ombudsman next and if required the courts as silence/ignoring us is not going to work!

Think I’d still trust BA more than EasyJet and co, they got us back from Sicily when others were cancelled or delayed for hours.

I flew with BA from LHR to Toronto yesterday, with no hitches.
I took the bus from Thornhill at 07:45 and by 09:10 I had checked in and cleared security.
When it came to boarding, I was upgraded to World Traveller Plus and in spite of taking off 40 minutes late, arrived at TO only 5 minutes late.
Luggage turned up promptly .

I flew with BA from LHR to Toronto yesterday, with no hitches.
I took the bus from Thornhill at 07:45 and by 09:10 I had checked in and cleared security.
When it came to boarding, I was upgraded to World Traveller Plus and in spite of taking off 40 minutes late, arrived at TO only 5 minutes late.
Luggage turned up promptly .
Which was nice …

Just flew back from Chicago with BA. Full plane, which arrived an hour early. Green lights on 75% of the T5 passport booths so strolled straight through, bags on the carousel 40 minutes after landing. So I was actually on the railair bus home before my scheduled arrival time.

Which was nice ...

But is it BA's (or other airline's) fault? So far as I understand it, it is the airports that are asking (telling) the airlines to cancel flights because there are not enough baggage handlers and ground staff to cope. They are airport staff (or at least firms to whom the jobs have been contracted out by the airports) and that is why the picture is quite different at airports owned by different private companies.

But is it BA's (or other airline's) fault? So far as I understand it, it is the airports that are asking (telling) the airlines to cancel flights because there are not enough baggage handlers and ground staff to cope. They are airport staff (or at least firms to whom the jobs have been contracted out by the airports) and that is why the picture is quite different at airports owned by different private companies.

Could well be, IIRC Jet2 have their own ground crew rather than outsourcing it.

Hmm, in terms of biscuits I'd say a custard cream is average at best. Is there a more exclusive lounge where they serve hobnobs?
Are you deliberately trying to pick a fight with that comment?

Back
Top Bottom