Ex Player Djavan Anderson

Good luck to him.

No doubt a good player but in such a lopsided and poorly constructed squad, it was a shame not to see the best of him. On a personal level for him, it’s been a madcap one by becoming a father too.

Cheerio, Djavan. Hope you enjoy your footballing journey wherever it takes you (except Swindon).

Good luck to him.

No doubt a good player but in such a lopsided and poorly constructed squad, it was a shame not to see the best of him. On a personal level for him, it’s been a madcap one by becoming a father too.

Cheerio, Djavan. Hope you enjoy your footballing journey wherever it takes you (except Swindon).
He already had a toddler, as seen on the pitch along with his rather stylish wife, who had the baby in a sling.

I really liked watching Djavan but got fed up with him running into blind alleys and losing the ball. I imagine Manning is really not keen on that.

I'm ok with this.

We often complain about players playing out of position and I could never really tell where his best position was. It seemed it was as an attacking wing back, but we don't know why style Manning wants to employ next season.

I always felt under Karl Robinson we were using makeshift players at full back/ wing back and our players there either didn't look good going forward or seemed weak defensively.

If we can get the magic formula of a good league one standard player who is athletic, looks defensively sound and can add to attacks it will make us an awful lot more competitive next season.

He already had a toddler, as seen on the pitch along with his rather stylish wife, who had the baby in a sling.

I really liked watching Djavan but got fed up with him running into blind alleys and losing the ball. I imagine Manning is really not keen on that.
I think he’s been a real victim of circumstance. For me, he’s arguably the best player we had this year in terms of technical ability on the ball - he and Murphy. Most of our players struggled with their first touch all season! But he played virtually all his football in a team that was under-coached with no strategy to extract the maximum he could offer or insure us as he went forward. He was made to look costly - in my opinion he was framed. He still stood out on a number of occasions.

By the time Manning joined there was no allowance for flair players who could not defend. He shut up shop for 5 or 6 games and Djavan was also injured anyway. By the time he came back the team was settled.

I wouldn’t be surprised if another side in England that has the joy of picking up luxury players to add gloss to a decent squad. If he weren’t on £5k a week I wonder whether we may have kept him. He was probably a necessary sacrifice in the end and I’m disappointed. He donned that retro shirt as well.

For me he was the only player who was capable of getting the ball and running with it to get us further up the pitch. Shame to see him go but we need to be ruthless this summer with anyone who is not a guaranteed starter so we can get new players in

Fabulous dribbler, but still wasn’t convinced he was a footballer! Couldn’t defend, couldn’t cross, or shoot, but could beat a man or three before getting lost up some blind alley. Don’t understand why anyone would be disappointed he is moving on. He only looked nearly good enough relative to the s**t squad Robinson had assembled. I wish him well, nevertheless, whatever job he does next.

Back
Top Bottom