Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

I'm guessing that you were pissed by then if the Penny was worth coming home for!
Nowt wrong with the Penny, I'm quite happy to sink a few pints in there at that price. Certainly better than the White Hart for instance, and a damn sight cheaper than staying on Langford and going to The Nightingale.

Shouldn't this thread be called the embrace all Des thread - btw you got off lightly when I was in Oslo a small lager was £7 equivalent

Even posh lagers don’t put the real ale mob off, you are getting stick while paying premium prices.

I was at the O2 Saturday and haven’t even looked at what I was paying yet, it’s got to the stage that unless I am in Weatherspoons or the Blackbird I would rather not know.
The O2 is 7 quid or so but they do have something not too bad called Steam IPA or similar

What Lager from weatherspoons extensive menu would you suggest he drinks?
Wetherspoons, where cheap beer and lager is nearly always close to being out of date, hence the cheap price! and taste!

If u want a cheap pint of anything then go to Wetherspoons, if u want a decent pint of anything that tastes as it should, but that’s much more expensive, then go elsewhere!

Wetherspoons, where cheap beer and lager is nearly always close to being out of date, hence the cheap price! and taste!

If u want a cheap pint of anything then go to Wetherspoons, if u want a decent pint of anything that tastes as it should, but that’s much more expensive, then go elsewhere!

Why would nearly out of date beer taste bad or different?

For lager I'd imagine no problem at all tbh and some people on here are almost FOSB snobby towards Weatherspoons ...and San Miguel is ok on a hot day !

I’ll drink more or less anything to be fair , but it’s a common theme that Wetherspoons beer/lager is probably not as fresh as it is in other places. It may or may not affect the taste for some. Anything food or drink near the sell by date never tastes quite the same in my view, but it’s all down to personal preferences.

Anyway unless Des is about to become a landlord of a local hostelry we are probably going off on a tangent from what this thread is all about 😂

Back
Top Bottom