Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

Haven’t read an awful lot of anything since Tuesday, just so pissed off.
Never been a f1 fan, but joined in on weekends in Europe with the lads when younger.
But loving the Netflix f1 series, after years of poor results. And not improving when he takes over.
After some upgrades the new young Williams chief say, he feels like an expecting father. The results turn up.
Will Des ever be able to step forward like that?
No.

So you'd rather results didn't improve and Des get sacked, than winning the next 11 games to get promoted, keeping Des in a job?

Interesting.
Come off it! Even if we hammer port vale (which we wont) it would only paper over the garbage under Buckinghams reign, we wont win more the two games out the remaining fixtures under his 'leadership ' and you can quote me on that!

Last edited:
The species that pulls together and collaborates survive, those that don’t become extinct.
Are we seeing a repeat of the Robinson era, we need to do better.

So should he have gave up early into his OUFC supporting journey? After 20 years he's seen enough and earned the right to make his judgement, like the majority of us to know Buckingham isn't the answer.

If he's been a season ticket holder for twenty years, then he knows that the last few months has been bad but nowhere near our lowest ebb. At least we're getting humiliated by good teams rather than Histon and Droylesden!

And I'm not accepting any arguments of 'Oh, the relationship between club and supporters has never been this bad' or 'The supporters have never been this apathetic' either, because I remember (and so should Joshua) 2007/08 when our highest crowd of the season was 5900 on Boxing Day (compared to our lowest league crowd of the season being 6703 this year).

It's one thing to be pissed off about the abomination that was Tuesday, that the appointment of Des has gone south so quickly, that he doesn't look up to the job and that we've thrown away a great start to the season.....

.....but you're going to get called out, and be told you've lost perspective if you become a drama queen about it and start threatening to rip up your season ticket.

Especially when it's not hyperbole to say that the very existence of the club hinges on what happens in the next year (off, not on the pitch) and the club could really do with all the supporters it can get right now, regardless of whether or not we've got an incompetent manager. He's not our first, and he won't be our last.

If he's been a season ticket holder for twenty years, then he knows that the last few months has been bad but nowhere near our lowest ebb. At least we're getting humiliated by good teams rather than Histon and Droylesden!

And I'm not accepting any arguments of 'Oh, the relationship between club and supporters has never been this bad' or 'The supporters have never been this apathetic' either, because I remember (and so should Joshua) 2007/08 when our highest crowd of the season was 5900 on Boxing Day (compared to our lowest league crowd of the season being 6703 this year).

It's one thing to be pissed off about the abomination that was Tuesday, that the appointment of Des has gone south so quickly, that he doesn't look up to the job and that we've thrown away a great start to the season.....

.....but you're going to get called out, and be told you've lost perspective if you become a drama queen about it and start threatening to rip up your season ticket.

Especially when it's not hyperbole to say that the very existence of the club hinges on what happens in the next year (off, not on the pitch) and the club could really do with all the supporters it can get right now, regardless of whether or not we've got an incompetent manager. He's not our first, and he won't be our last.
I think you're over thinking it, Des isn't very good.

Neither were Kemp, Wright, Rix, Talbot, Paterson, Clotet and Waddock.

If you sat through them, but you're refusing to sit through Des......that probably says more about you than it does about the club.
I've sat through them all, guess what..........they got binned.

I wanted it to work for Des but it clearly hasn’t and I can’t see a way back for him. The players 100% don’t want to play for him, well a good number of them at the very least. The discontent in the squad started early on in Des’s reign but has reached boiling point. I know some players can’t believe he is still in charge. I’d imagine what @Leysboy is claiming is probsbly true and they’re likely not the only ones.

Such a mess for our club to be in. I’m definitely not expecting anything from tomorrow’s game.

Kemp, Wright, Rix, Talbot, Paterson, Clotet and Waddock.
Kemp 31 games
Wright 22 games
Rix 29 games
Talbot 44 games
Patterson 59 games
Clotet 36 games
Waddock 8 games

Buckingham is (I think) on 27 games tomorrow - he's getting close to the danger point if those other manager's tenures are anything to go by.

Kemp 31 games
Wright 22 games
Rix 29 games
Talbot 44 games
Patterson 59 games
Clotet 36 games
Waddock 8 games

Buckingham is (I think) on 27 games tomorrow - he's getting close to the danger point if those other manager's tenures are anything to go by.

Mark Wright was a fast worker, only here 22 games and he managed to shag one of the players missus and racially abuse a ref.

Kemp 31 games
Wright 22 games
Rix 29 games
Talbot 44 games
Patterson 59 games
Clotet 36 games
Waddock 8 games

And with the squad he was given to work with, and the starting point, bar Rix, Des is the worst.

He could actually exceed Rix record of taking a team in second and taking to midtable.

Even Talbot was restricted to signing the likes of Neville Roach by Kassam.

Des was able to splash 500k in January and delivered a steaming pile of s**t.

Well I’m putting Des alongside Kemp etc. Results aside, this is one of the worst sides, in terms of watchability, that I’ve witnessed in my 53 years a fan. Perhaps it’s my age but a few times, a fair few times in fact, under Des I could have genuinely nodded off. I’ve honestly felt like going home at half time, it’s that mind numbingly boring watching us. I wouldn’t go to an away game under Des if you laid on a taxi and gave me the best seat in the house all expenses paid.

Well I’m putting Des alongside Kemp etc. Results aside, this is one of the worst sides, in terms of watchability, that I’ve witnessed in my 53 years a fan. Perhaps it’s my age but a few times, a fair few times in fact, under Des I could have genuinely nodded off. I’ve honestly felt like going home at half time, it’s that mind numbingly boring watching us. I wouldn’t go to an away game under Des if you laid on a taxi and gave me the best seat in the house all expenses paid.

Noted. I look forward to not reading your in depth analysis of today’s game, as you will not be supporting the football club.

Thank goodness some of us are a touch more thick skinned when it comes to ‘supporting’ our football club.

Back
Top Bottom