Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

Reason to stick with Des should be treated like staying with a new partner that your parents approve of, deep down you know he's a nice guy but after a few dates and him staying over, you realise he's a bit boring, drinks a pint of coke in the pub and unimaginative in the bed room even though you plenty of toys in the bottom drawer, how do you tell your parents you fancy someone with experience and drinks lager top!

You have a look at yourself.

Seriously, lager top? That's worse than drinking a pint of coke. At least the coke drinker has the strength of character to admit he doesn't like booze. The other guy is trying to pretend that he's a proper lad and a beer drinker, but actually needs his shot of sugar to get it down.

Sounds a bit like you're shacking up with Karl Robinson again, frankly.

Depends on break clauses. I would say at a guess it would be max a years wage.

Think they’re called KPI’s (key performance indicators) these days.

25 pts in his first 22 league matches - akin to relegation form - would be a metric that would see the dashboard turning red.

Not sure if already mentioned but I also note that Notts county have had a similar plight to us since losing thier manager.

They are now in 17th after being top after 12 games.

Their forum makes similar reading to this one.

Both clubs have made huge mistakes with their hires
They also went for the “young upcoming, lacking experience” interestingly their manager was a BT engineer prior to being hired!

Not sure if already mentioned but I also note that Notts county have had a similar plight to us since losing thier manager.

They are now in 17th after being top after 12 games.

Their forum makes similar reading to this one.

Both clubs have made huge mistakes with their hires

Though at least Notts County fans have been entertained.....well, if you enjoy goals at least.

70 goals for (2nd most in the division) and 70 goals against (tied for most in the division) in 36 games. Their average game is a 2-2 draw!

Always rated Duff, no nonsense manager who clearly commands respect from most within the game. Stint at Swansea didn’t work out but it was never going to give Swansea perceived style of play. Also was at our game with Barnsley recently, not sure if he still lives locally to Cheltenham or was just seeing some old friends from Barnsley.

Rowett is an interesting one I read something recently from Millwall fans saying they definitely wouldn’t take him back as his style was terrible, staggering considering he nearly got them in the championship playoffs.
Michael Muff

Think they’re called KPI’s (key performance indicators) these days.

25 pts in his first 22 league matches - akin to relegation form - would be a metric that would see the dashboard turning red.
It won’t be based on KPi’s it will be more on timescales so if the club want to terminate the contract after X amount of time Y amount is due to Des.

Alright alright, enough with the daft childish names now...

...Michael NippleTongue

Now no more.

We need a response on Saturday, Des and the players owe us a performance and a win, it’s as simple as that. If we lose, then for me his position is under serious threat, if not untenable, and the board must think about acting, especially with an international break coming up.

We’ve got 25 points from 22 games under Des, with a goal difference of -7 in the league. We’ve dropped like a stone from 2nd to 8th. We’ve got a thrashing in the FA Cup albeit away at a Championship side, and easily beaten by a League 2 side in EFL Trophy.

Recent performances, Portsmouth aside, have been absolutely shocking. We have to turn things around on Sat and use the Bolton defeat as a defining moment. If not then we can’t carry on with Des and the current back room set up.

I 100% disagree .
His job is on the line in the next 2-3 games .If the dysfunctional, abject performances continue .
The panic button has been pressed .
8 wins in 26 tells a pretty brutal story .
Unless you're itk, how can you be so sure?

Given that we're safe in league 1, the results this season will be quickly forgotten once Des and the recruitment team show their plans for next season to the board.

Simple question: Was promotion to the Championship the aim for the owners this season?

Unless you're itk, how can you be so sure?

Given that we're safe in league 1, the results this season will be quickly forgotten once Des and the recruitment team show their plans for next season to the board.

Simple question: Was promotion to the Championship the aim for the owners this season?
The top 6 budget answers the last question and the fact we've spent 400k on a new centre forward that doesn't appear to be favoured or trusted to start a match .
We have thrown money around like confetti in January.

It's a results business and he's on very thin ice. I would say the ice has started cracking .

The top 6 budget answers the last question and the fact we've spent 400k on a new centre forward that doesn't appear to be favoured or trusted to start a match .
We have thrown money around like confetti in January.

It's a results business and he's on very thin ice. I would say the ice has started cracking .
But that doesn't answer it. It suggests that this is what we're building towards (which is no surprise) but there is nothing to say that this is the aim for this season....unless I missed the memo!

He’s going nowhere in the next six months.
Carry on with the same Saturday and the fans will be.Lose at Vale and I think he will have lost the fan base and we will be down to 9th and in freefall.Because then it's Shrewsbury away and then 3 promotion teams teams at home. Lose all of them and snd there will be a few fans offering to drive him to Mumbai.

Back
Top Bottom