Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

Really good from Des, and I thought that Grant and Tim also came across very well too. The fact that there was a contingency plan in place for Manning leaving, and that Ed and Faz had already drawn up a list of potential candidates shows that the club is moving in the right direction off the pitch as well as on it.
Yes this struck me too, very professional and impressive.

I also thought (and I don’t know if this is maybe just me hearing what I want to hear, but) the references to how well Bristol City acted in the Manning acquisition, and the ‘relationships are important in football, it’s a small world’ comment might be further subtle digs at LM’s conduct.

Difficult not to feel like we’ve lost a penny and found a pound here. This guy really seem disconcertingly perfect. Incredibly exciting times to be a yellow.

Yes this struck me too, very professional and impressive.

I also thought (and I don’t know if this is maybe just me hearing what I want to hear, but) the references to how well Bristol City acted in the Manning acquisition, and the ‘relationships are important in football, it’s a small world’ comment might be further subtle digs at LM’s conduct.

Difficult not to feel like we’ve lost a penny and found a pound here. This guy really seem disconcertingly perfect. Incredibly exciting times to be a yellow.

I thought Tim spoke well proving he's far from dim. As you said, interesting insight into the Bristol City situation.

Does anyone else think Des is perfect son in law material? He’d bring flowers for Sunday lunch and then a nice natter about football over the apple crumble.
Showed a picture of him to my wife and daughter in law over lunch. They both had that knowing look and think my daughter in law was ready to ditch my son, both said they’d love go to a game now…..😳
Had to remind my wife that I’d banned her after her last visit when in a lull in play, with the crowd quiet, she loudly pronounced “That Beano isn’t very good is he?”. The shame…

“ And I found Max Woltman too…”

F_JOxXLXsAAdSzk

I've just caught a short snippet of interview on the local news and thought the same.

Abit Steve McClaren like maybe? without the random dutch accent!

I‘m not sure if it was who I was thinking of originally but having listened again, I’m hearing a bit of Trevor Francis in that accent.

Showed a picture of him to my wife and daughter in law over lunch. They both had that knowing look and think my daughter in law was ready to ditch my son, both said they’d love go to a game now…..😳
Had to remind my wife that I’d banned her after her last visit when in a lull in play, with the crowd quiet, she loudly pronounced “That Beano isn’t very good is he?”. The shame…
I took my wife to a game, once. Bought her a 50/50 ticket. At halftime they announced the winning number, which unfortunately wasn’t hers, but she did turn to ask me and my son, “So who’s won it?”. In a crowd of 7,000 + she was expecting to see a winner. The knowing looks of the guys around us said it all.
My wife also agrees he’s “quite nice”.

Wonder if Woltman's been injured, if he (like Long) was there on a day off? Might explain why he wasn't in the squad for the trophy game recently.

Any news/speculation on who he will bring in on the coaching staff? “Talks are still ongoing” was all he would say about it yesterday.

It’s good that he confirmed that Short would remain though.

The next 6 months are promising to be one of the most exciting periods for the club and all of us. We have a new manager but for the time being he has to work with the same players. I’m not expecting things to change dramatically in our style of play with continuing flexible formations to suit different match situations. Edwards and Browne returning will be a bonus although both will take a few weeks to achieve full match fitness. It will be interesting to see whether DB can get Browne to operate at his full potential. I expect money will be available in the January window but where he looks to spend it will give us a clue as to what he sees are the main gaps in our current squad. He may also have to deal with loan players being recalled as he will have little time to assess the value of players like Perkins. Maintaining an automatic promotion slot is a huge challenge for DB but his record of success so far suggests he more than capable of dealing with it.

The next 6 months are promising to be one of the most exciting periods for the club and all of us. We have a new manager but for the time being he has to work with the same players. I’m not expecting things to change dramatically in our style of play with continuing flexible formations to suit different match situations. Edwards and Browne returning will be a bonus although both will take a few weeks to achieve full match fitness. It will be interesting to see whether DB can get Browne to operate at his full potential. I expect money will be available in the January window but where he looks to spend it will give us a clue as to what he sees are the main gaps in our current squad. He may also have to deal with loan players being recalled as he will have little time to assess the value of players like Perkins. Maintaining an automatic promotion slot is a huge challenge for DB but his record of success so far suggests he more than capable of dealing with it.
He’s come a long way from when I saw him last, I was coaching the Abingdon Vale Swimming Club and he was a 10 year old swimming for the City of Oxford Swimming Club

Anyone know much about Des’s background ? I see he was born in Oxford, does he still have family in the area and is he actually from Oxford or elsewhere in Oxfordshire ? School he went to etc ?

One of,if not the best manager to have ever coached in the ISL
Can't speak highly of him,great human being before a master tactician...lead us to an unbeaten run for 18 games unheard of in Indian football along w breaking many other records.. puts in a genuine effort to build a bond w fans...you guys are lucky to have him, take care of him,I can't imagine mumbai without him and it's really difficult.
For the last time though,
BUCKINGHAM'S BLUE ARMY💙🤗

I found It interesting when it was mentioned that formations, systems and coaching is only a small part of being a modern manager.
I suppose the way you could motivate young men in my day is pretty different nowadays.
Our current squad is good enough for the autos in my opinion. A competent start by Des and further strengthening this transfer window will do it.

Really good from Des, and I thought that Grant and Tim also came across very well too. The fact that there was a contingency plan in place for Manning leaving, and that Ed and Faz had already drawn up a list of potential candidates shows that the club is moving in the right direction off the pitch as well as on it.
Really interesting listen

The fact that there was a contingency plan in place for Manning leaving, and that Ed and Faz had already drawn up a list of potential candidates shows that the club is moving in the right direction off the pitch as well as on it.

Clearly Grant's been delegating like billy-o from the fairways ;)

Well done the management.

Back
Top Bottom