Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

I'm not clamouring for any previous members of staff to be brought back or anything, but isn't it possible that there were extenuating circumstances?

Isn't it a bit arbitrary to assume that WB was part of the problem with KR, rather than a victim of KR? This was plainly the case with the players after all...

Not to mention the fact the we have a goalkeeper who is simply better now!
No assumptions made by me. I just don't believe that Brown's style is right for modern football. Beadle has displayed the present style being played and it works. (granted, it does give rise to a few squeaky bum moments)
We need a coach who can teach the style required to bring success in the Championship not League 2.

No assumptions made by me. I just don't believe that Brown's style is right for modern football. Beadle has displayed the present style being played and it works. (granted, it does give rise to a few squeaky bum moments)
We need a coach who can teach the style required to bring success in the Championship not League 2.

Yes, I think we need to move with the times. We are doing it at the top and we have a very modern way of playing, any goalkeeping coach needs to be one who can relate to the footballing style keepers of today. I see Brown more as a lower league, one of the lads, old school coach - I maybe wrong, that's just the perception.

Absolutely agree that the style of football practiced by Beadle is what's required going forwards!

Edit: I've just noted that Lewis Price is still here. I'm not saying he should be replaced.

I’m away overseas at the moment so just catching up
Sorry if I’ve missed anything
But how about a song for Des in the first few games especially after where he’s been coaching and where he’s from

“ He's coming home, he’s coming home,he’s coming, Des is coming home”

Just a thought

I’m away overseas at the moment so just catching up
Sorry if I’ve missed anything
But how about a song for Des in the first few games especially after where he’s been coaching and where he’s from

“ He's coming home, he’s coming home,he’s coming, Des is coming home”

Just a thought
Or, Aloo! Aloo! Good to be back! Good to be back!

Wasn't that long ago we had Alan Hodgkinson coaching the keeper, seems unthinkable that he could have taught Beadle much in this era given how goalkeeping has changed so much. AH was a great keeper in his day but it's unrelatable to nowadays.

Wasn't that long ago we had Alan Hodgkinson coaching the keeper, seems unthinkable that he could have taught Beadle much in this era given how goalkeeping has changed so much. AH was a great keeper in his day but it's unrelatable to nowadays.
Football evolves…

Tbf, coaches will (or should) continue to learn and develop as well.

Sometimes it's worth a little look at what our chums down the A420 think. One quote from TheTownEnd:

'I suspect he will do will there. Compo was 900k according to reports. Theres only one team out of Oxford and us thats on an upward trajectory, and it sure aint Swindon!'

It must be jolly cold being in that shadow right now 😙.

Long May it continue, as I wish them nothing but bad luck for as long as I live.

We might draw them in an occasional cup game, so they can have their BIG day out.

F**k em!!!

Clarke talked about AH in the recent Behind The Badge.

Said he barely ever talked to him about his keeping, was all about mentality.

Brown is working with the England U23s at the moment, so I guess he must be doing something right. I don't know if there's anything in it, just a 'thing' I heard.

I'm not too fussed either way, although there would be a certain irony if the only member of backroom staff Manning *didn't* take with him got binned off and replaced by an old boy.

I'm sure Des will do what he judges is best for the environment he wants to create.

Back
Top Bottom