Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

We've gained an even better manager. Have fewer competitions. Have players coming back from injury.

We've gained an even better manager. Have fewer competitions. Have players coming back from injury.
I'm honestly not sure we can say that yet. I like Des, I can't remember the last time I was so desperate for a manager to succeed, but he has a lot to prove still.

This month and next will tell us a huge amount about where Des is at.

I'm honestly not sure we can say that yet. I like Des, I can't remember the last time I was so desperate for a manager to succeed, but he has a lot to prove still.

This month and next will tell us a huge amount about where Des is at.

I get what you mean, but I was much more desperate for manning to succeed at keeping us up last season

“In terms of staff, Chris Hackett will join the first team staff and we’ll work out what that looks like this week."

hmm
Des wants his own man and was apparently pretty pissed off that Williams announced Hackett like that. The fact he did it in the middle of another message shows he knew it wasn't right, in my opinion the wording was ambiguous enough that if we don't get who we want he can say it's Hackett but if we do then he can say that was never the plan and Hackett is at the same level as Short and Price.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if we had another body in the dugout this week, although perhaps not a new assistant manager.

Des wants his own man and was apparently pretty pissed off that Williams announced Hackett like that. The fact he did it in the middle of another message shows he knew it wasn't right, in my opinion the wording was ambiguous enough that if we don't get who we want he can say it's Hackett but if we do then he can say that was never the plan and Hackett is at the same level as Short and Price.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if we had another body in the dugout this week, although perhaps not a new assistant manager.

He gives a very different response on the Dub, which also matches what I had heard earlier.

There were two names that we were looking at, one ruled himself out very early and the other was unable to commit to moving their family down. I believe that it was Des who made the decision to stick with what we have, and he has confirmed that the only issue was with the job title rather than the appointment.

He has also confirmed that the analyst is Joe Moore who he worked with at New Zealand and is currently at Arsenal. It was said on here a few weeks ago by someone that it's hard to bring someone in from Arsenal quickly, but they have been working remotely whilst serving their notice.

I know that there's some negativity about the board, but I'm not sure that they've hugely ballsed up here, other than a sloppy press release by Tim that gave the wrong title of Chris Hacketts role.

Last edited:
I wonder what the salary of an assistant manager will be ? If you’re wanting someone to relocate from the north, which is what’s been alluded to, then you have to be looking at north of £100k. Not many will uproot their family for less - especially given the cost of living down here.

I wonder what the salary of an assistant manager will be ? If you’re wanting someone to relocate from the north, which is what’s been alluded to, then you have to be looking at north of £100k. Not many will uproot their family for less - especially given the cost of living down here.

Jobs in football are relatively short, and someone may not wish to uproot their families for 2-3 years, especially if in work already.

He gives a very different response on the Dub, which also matches what I had heard earlier.

There were two names that we were looking at, one ruled himself out very early and the other was unable to commit to moving their family down. I believe that it was Des who made the decision to stick with what we have, and he has confirmed that the only issue was with the job title rather than the appointment.

He has also confirmed that the analyst is Joe Moore who he worked with at New Zealand and is currently at Arsenal. It was said on here a few weeks ago by someone that it's hard to bring someone in from Arsenal quickly, but they have been working remotely whilst serving their notice.

I know that there's some negativity about the board, but I'm not sure that they've hugely ballsed up here, other than a sloppy press release by Tim that gave the wrong title of Chris Hacketts role.
I thought it was odd how he kept referencing 'for the rest of the season' when discussing Hacketts involvement. Suggesting that we will take stock in the summer and revisit the assistant manager role again then. Sounded like he wanted the players to have a settled environment rather than the upheaval they had been experiencing. See how the coaching dynamic works for the rest of the season and reassess in the summer.

I thought it was odd how he kept referencing 'for the rest of the season' when discussing Hacketts involvement. Suggesting that we will take stock in the summer and revisit the assistant manager role again then. Sounded like he wanted the players to have a settled environment rather than the upheaval they had been experiencing. See how the coaching dynamic works for the rest of the season and reassess in the summer.

That's sensible for all parties.

Back
Top Bottom