National News Covidiots.....

I’m sure that “ local” info is available.
I was just chatting to a friend ( my wife) how I strangely miss the daily briefings.
I didn’t watch them all, but they, IMO , kept you ( me) grounded.
It was always a useful BS barometer watching the experts' facial expressions when the minister of the day answered questions.
Notable that Whitty has had to take to Social Media already to try to keep a lid on things....

Very true... maybe do what Australia have done, Army presence?
It is coming to that - either close the beaches before anyone is there or take action when there is overcrowding - surround the crowded beach and announce that no-one can leave as they are all being quarantined. That might bring them to their senses (assuming they have any). Then let them leave gradually after a couple of hours, warning them that they will be quarantined for real next time, and close the beach.

If people choose to be selfish and ignore the advice, the next step needs to be a short sharp shock to the system to try to make them realise that their behaviour is unacceptable.

It is coming to that - either close the beaches before anyone is there or take action when there is overcrowding - surround the crowded beach and announce that no-one can leave as they are all being quarantined. That might bring them to their senses (assuming they have any). Then let them leave gradually after a couple of hours, warning them that they will be quarantined for real next time, and close the beach.

If people choose to be selfish and ignore the advice, the next step needs to be a short sharp shock to the system to try to make them realise that their behaviour is unacceptable.
They did the same thing here when we had the hard lockdown initially. Police with Army with machine guns. You don't really want to get into a argument with them.

Also. If too many people go to the beach, you close the beach until further notice. It’s not too hard.

Just heard that a guy I know has got it. He had his daughter, who lives in a shared house, to stay and then she went to a PARTY at his ex-wife's (her mother's) before going back to stay with him. And he's an intelligent, liberal guy, not some Brexity thicko. Follow the rules everyone!!
Looking at the coverage of the people at BLM protests, raves, beaches and street parties I'm seeing the young and dumb selfish I'm alright jacks. I think these people generally fit into the "intelligent liberals that voted remain (if they could be bothered) and labour. Intelligence and common sense are not the same.

Looking at the coverage of the people at BLM protests, raves, beaches and street parties I'm seeing the young and dumb selfish I'm alright jacks. I think these people generally fit into the "intelligent liberals that voted remain (if they could be bothered) and labour. Intelligence and common sense are not the same.
You should get a job in polling. It’s astounding that you can tell which way people voted based on a few pics and clips in the news.

You should get a job in polling. It’s astounding that you can tell which way people voted based on a few pics and clips in the news.
A comment that should also apply to werthersoriginal? Clearly he thinks "Brexity thickos" are the only people stupid enough to ignore social distancing.

A comment that should also apply to werthersoriginal? Clearly he thinks "Brexity thickos" are the only people stupid enough to ignore social distancing.
I could have sworn that he said people were NOT brexit thickos. Which means he realises they are not the only people stupid enough etc ...

Also. If too many people go to the beach, you close the beach until further notice. It’s not too hard.
Some beaches are easy to close, like some of the Cornish coves etc where there is only one way in and out. With Bournemouth there are over 80 ways to get access to the beach. I don't think there are the resources to stop masses of people getting on if they are really determined.

Some beaches are easy to close, like some of the Cornish coves etc where there is only one way in and out. With Bournemouth there are over 80 ways to get access to the beach. I don't think there are the resources to stop masses of people getting on if they are really determined.

Just charge them all a £50 fee per head to be donated to the NHS for all the extra work coming their way again.

Just use the RAF to strafe the beach on regular occasions, that should do it. :)

Just put a copper on each of these beaches walking up and down saying "if you don't leave this beach immediately you'll be charged with a public order offence".
Then, if they are really determined, they are also really breaking the law.

Just use the RAF to strafe the beach on regular occasions, that should do it. :)
Might be a tad extreme.

How about crop spraying planes equipped with indelible dye that takes a week or two to wear off (like they use for bank robberies)? Not only a deterrent to going there in the first place, but a public sign of shame (and a warning to avoid them) for some time afterwards.

Might be a tad extreme.

How about crop spraying planes equipped with indelible dye that takes a week or two to wear off (like they use for bank robberies)? Not only a deterrent to going there in the first place, but a public sign of shame (and a warning to avoid them) for some time afterwards.

Make it more like 1 or 2 months.

Might be a tad extreme.

The type of people most of them are would soon turn it into something 'cool' and something to be proud of. Setting a trend like 'Go down to Bournemouth and get dyed' Thousands who were there wouldn't give a toss!!

The type of people most of them are would soon turn it into something 'cool' and something to be proud of. Setting a trend like 'Go down to Bournemouth and get dyed' Thousands who were there wouldn't give a toss!!

Strafing it is then.

Might be a tad extreme.

Like ^^^

Back
Top Bottom