County Council cuts to Oxfordshire Autism Support

This small but vital charity will fold completely within 6 months if funds are not forthcoming.

Petition signed , my grandson has benefited greatly from being diagnosed , my daughter had to fight so hard even going to court to get a place in the right school. ( council had no evidence so withdrew with 10 minutes to go to the hearing) he now has a placement in a brilliant school & it is really beneficial to see him thriving in the right environment.
Exactly my story although we had two days before the hearing when they withdrew

• React
Reactions: SGP
Signed.

My nephew has autism and my son is still waiting for an ADHD diagnosis so he can get the support he desperately needs. Despite various promises to increase funding for SENDs children, existing provisions are completely inadequate and our kids are being lost in the system.

I hope your boy is getting the support he needs, and you are also supported. Parents of SENDs children are frequently ignored at best, or somehow labelled as bad parents at worst. It's heartbreaking to see my boy struggle to adapt to a neurotypical world when his brain just works differently to others, and a 7 year old should never have to think that they are the problem.

Signed.

My nephew has autism and my son is still waiting for an ADHD diagnosis so he can get the support he desperately needs. Despite various promises to increase funding for SENDs children, existing provisions are completely inadequate and our kids are being lost in the system.

I hope your boy is getting the support he needs, and you are also supported. Parents of SENDs children are frequently ignored at best, or somehow labelled as bad parents at worst. It's heartbreaking to see my boy struggle to adapt to a neurotypical world when his brain just works differently to others, and a 7 year old should never have to think that they are the problem.
Absolutely spot on. Thanks for the supportive words

Back
Top Bottom