World Cup C'mon Austria

My son is half Welsh and I lived in Wales for 6 years so always glad to see them do well. Would be great to see them reach the finals, and they're probably the favourites to do so at this point.

My son is half Welsh and I lived in Wales for 6 years so always glad to see them do well. Would be great to see them reach the finals, and they're probably the favourites to do so at this point.
..... thing is its likely to be between Wales & Ukraine who qualifies ( assuming the sweaties do their usual and heroically fail at the final hurdle)

..... thing is its likely to be between Wales & Ukraine who qualifies ( assuming the sweaties do their usual and heroically fail at the final hurdle)
And given everything going on in the world it would be an incredible moment/achievement if Ukraine qualify, even if it's at the expense of a team I half support!

And given everything going on in the world it would be an incredible moment/achievement if Ukraine qualify, even if it's at the expense of a team I half support!
I admit I too quietly like to see Wales do well in International football ( except against England)

though, not that FIFA will, itd be a decent gesture if they, Ukraine, were given a bye to qualify for the WC finals
.... that said, Ive not got a scooby how that could actually be carried out ( fairly)

I admit I too quietly like to see Wales do well in International football ( except against England)

though, not that FIFA will, itd be a decent gesture if they, Ukraine, were given a bye to qualify for the WC finals
.... that said, Ive not got a scooby how that could actually be carried out ( fairly)

There's an intercontinental playoff taking place in June between the best non-qualified teams from Asia, South America, North & Central America and New Zealand (assuming they don't somehow lose to a Pacific Island nation this weekend).

At the moment, it's just two semi-finals and two teams qualify.
You could add a second round, just have one team qualify, and then add Ukraine.

Still not exactly fair on the teams involved......but otherwise there would be no way to do it unless another team dropped out.

Back
Top Bottom