Club identity/wearing away and 3rd kit unnecessarily

Perhaps the club should announce 2 or 3 days before a match which shirt will be worn. Then all attending fans can wear the same shirt. United we stand and could increase sales at the club shop. 😃

Could both teams not just have home teams topless away teams bottomless that way there is no issues some people might be abit happier attending games 😛

We wore navy shirts and yellow shorts at Stadium MK in 2016

FFThsFgX0Ag_iCo

Colour doesn’t play a critical role in the psyche of the UK but it certainly does elsewhere. For instance, in Thailand, yellow is the colour of the King and royalty, so reasonable to think that Tiger has been very happy it is now the predominant colour of the U’s. I say now because it used to be amber when I first became a fan.
. However , in Indonesia, yellow represents fear and cowardice, and a yellow traffic light is a sign to be careful and slow down. So Mr Bakrie might not be so enthusiastic. A possible point of contention down the road?
Hope Mr Bakrie doesn't want us to change to the colours of the Indonesian flag! flag.jpg

I think black was a poor choice yesterday as MK have black seats and lots of empty ones at that, surely yellow shirts would have made the players more visible to each other

Just watched Quest. Yesterday, Sunderland v Plymouth.
Sunderland kit is red & white, with predominantly white on the back.
Plymouth kit is dark green, so as far as possible from any clash with the Mackems, so what do they they do?.................. Change to their 2nd kit which is white!

now a gesture such as this... showing support for the work that Shelter do for the homeless in the UK.... ( as well as 'embarrassing' PL authorities for NOT permitting a similar gesture on boxing day) Im all for

however, in general, when there's no clash of kits, I do prefer OUFC to wear our traditional colours , out kit!

2nd,.... and 3rd kits- (not 'away' kits ) IMO should ONLY feature IF there is an obvious clash with the home side

The gesture made by the clubs involved is admirable. The request to supporters not to wear yellow, not so clever. How many kids (and adults) will be getting something yellow in their Christmas presents? How many kids will be excited to be seen wearing their new kit/scarf/hat etc?
seconded- well said

The gesture made by the clubs involved is admirable. The request to supporters not to wear yellow, not so clever. How many kids (and adults) will be getting something yellow in their Christmas presents? How many kids will be excited to be seen wearing their new kit/scarf/hat etc?
I respect the cause but people still have a choice @Manorlounger, and I don’t expect anyone to be singled out or embarrassed to wear yellow if they want to. I’ll be wearing my yellow and blue scarf because I’m not buying a non yellow one just for this game.

I respect the cause but people still have a choice @Manorlounger, and I don’t expect anyone to be singled out or embarrassed to wear yellow if they want to. I’ll be wearing my yellow and blue scarf because I’m not buying a non yellow one just for this game.
Absolutely, of course people have a choice. The Loungers will be there with our normal scarves and hats and, in my case, my OUFC coat with yellow club emblem.
I just think that these sort of "gestures" to show solidarity with a cause require more thought. The club wants, and needs, supporters to spend money on club merchandise, to then request that we don't wear that merchandise, even if it is for just one game, seems at odds with promoting the club identity.
Why not have something inexpensive made up for the occasion? To support the Royal British Legion Poppy appeal we buy a club poppy enamel badge every year from either the club shop or from the on-line British Legion store. This way we show support for both.
I would also hope that there will be a collection on the day for Shelter. Solidarity is one thing, cash is quite another matter.

Absolutely, of course people have a choice. The Loungers will be there with our normal scarves and hats and, in my case, my OUFC coat with yellow club emblem.
I just think that these sort of "gestures" to show solidarity with a cause require more thought. The club wants, and needs, supporters to spend money on club merchandise, to then request that we don't wear that merchandise, even if it is for just one game, seems at odds with promoting the club identity.
Why not have something inexpensive made up for the occasion? To support the Royal British Legion Poppy appeal we buy a club poppy enamel badge every year from either the club shop or from the on-line British Legion store. This way we show support for both.
I would also hope that there will be a collection on the day for Shelter. Solidarity is one thing, cash is quite another matter.
Teams wearing ‘non home kits’ for the campaign on that day, together with collection points for Shelter at the game is enough for me.
If they really want fans to engage and support the cause, you’re right, encourage fans to do something positive rather than to not do something.

Back
Top Bottom