Club display v Newcastle Utd

Why not? ...... the club selling players on isnt a issue , its what oufc do...but saying no one is for sale unless its an exceptional offer - imo the deal for the last minute sale to brentford wasnt exceptional (the timing wasnt great either) .....also,various board members stated earlier this season that this campaign oufc are aiming for promotion (to the championship) - btw all the above has been covered elsewhere on yf- on top of those viewpoints , the evasive interview pre blackpool match on radio oxford with oufc vice chairman , i think, demonstrates the board havent been all that honest in communications with oufc supporters. Vice chairman wouldnt give a straight answer re the target this season remaing as promotion. He also evaded giving a straight reply re the fee for fosu and baptiste being an exceptional offer. And he fudged and waffled in response to not having bought in required additions to the squad (striker , full backs etc)..... imo the board have grossly mislead oufc supporters, which is not being honest, which some, certainly i do, see as in contrast to statements made previously by board members., as lies. .......following the ultras 'lies and bow Thais' banner being rolled out before a home game last season, (in response to several wup from hmrc & poor communication), the board reacted by improving communication with oufc supporters, so why not? It may, imo, generate a bit of honesty from the board (to the media and oufc supporters)? :unsure:

Struggling to work out if this is a genuine post or not, but on the assumption it is then it is pretty far fetched.
The board said at the recent fans forum that they dont have to sell, but they would if they got exceptional offers and they also stated that part of the model working relies on players seeing that they wont be blocked from leaving if sensible offers come in for players, otherwise players wouldn't step down to this level thinking they will go back up after proving themselves.
Now in the case of Fosu it is irrelevant as he had a release clause that was met and in the case of Shandon, we dont know the fee and we dont know the details of the deal, so to suggest they are lying is pointless as you dont know, but even if the fee isnt what you expected, that doesn't make them liars

On the comments about ambitions for the season and the interview before the Blackpool game, tenuous doesn't even begin to cover the links you are making here. Most clubs/boards/managers dont shout from the rooftops about their ambitions for the season, the interviews were fine and again to suggest lying is bonkers.

I honestly worry about some of our fans and their grasp of reality, i doubt any of us wanted to see the two players sold on the last day of the window, but for the reasons above it happened, does it make our stated ambition for the season more difficult? yeah without a doubt, but it doesnt mean anyone has lied to you. Equally, as a club we lose a lot of money, so it has to be right that we consider substantial offers for players and we also dont stand in the way of players if the deal is fair.

To suggest that rolling out a banner on national TV accusing the chairman of lying would be a good idea and might make them communicate better, well that is possibly the most stupid suggestion i have seen on here.
No one is saying the board are beyond reproach, but lets keep this in context, we are 8th in league one and in with a genuine shot of play offs or better, we reached the quarters of the league cup, are in a reply with Newcastle in the 4th round of the FA cup and have some serious assets on the pitch which we didnt sell, as well as playing some of the best football we have seen in years, i dread to think the whinging and moaning on here if we were having a poor season.

Struggling to work out if this is a genuine post or not, but on the assumption it is then it is pretty far fetched.
The board said at the recent fans forum that they dont have to sell, but they would if they got exceptional offers and they also stated that part of the model working relies on players seeing that they wont be blocked from leaving if sensible offers come in for players, otherwise players wouldn't step down to this level thinking they will go back up after proving themselves.
Now in the case of Fosu it is irrelevant as he had a release clause that was met and in the case of Shandon, we dont know the fee and we dont know the details of the deal, so to suggest they are lying is pointless as you dont know, but even if the fee isnt what you expected, that doesn't make them liars

On the comments about ambitions for the season and the interview before the Blackpool game, tenuous doesn't even begin to cover the links you are making here. Most clubs/boards/managers dont shout from the rooftops about their ambitions for the season, the interviews were fine and again to suggest lying is bonkers.

I honestly worry about some of our fans and their grasp of reality, i doubt any of us wanted to see the two players sold on the last day of the window, but for the reasons above it happened, does it make our stated ambition for the season more difficult? yeah without a doubt, but it doesnt mean anyone has lied to you. Equally, as a club we lose a lot of money, so it has to be right that we consider substantial offers for players and we also dont stand in the way of players if the deal is fair.

To suggest that rolling out a banner on national TV accusing the chairman of lying would be a good idea and might make them communicate better, well that is possibly the most stupid suggestion i have seen on here.
No one is saying the board are beyond reproach, but lets keep this in context, we are 8th in league one and in with a genuine shot of play offs or better, we reached the quarters of the league cup, are in a reply with Newcastle in the 4th round of the FA cup and have some serious assets on the pitch which we didnt sell, as well as playing some of the best football we have seen in years, i dread to think the whinging and moaning on here if we were having a poor season.
To be to fair to Sarge , he does wear his heart on his sleeve. But you have made a good point on this.
It would have been nice to see the two players in question , playing at the Newcastle game , but such is life.

To be to fair to Sarge , he does wear his heart on his sleeve. But you have made a good point on this.
It would have been nice to see the two players in question , playing at the Newcastle game , but such is life.

Yeah in fairness i wasnt meaning it to sound like all of that was aimed at Sarge who i actually often agree with, it is more of a general frustration that i have about the moaning that goes on here the minute something doesn't go our way. It is almost like people enjoy the failure or disappointment.
Anyway, if we beat Newcastle tonight then i doubt even the most miserable fan could find something to complain about!

Yeah in fairness i wasnt meaning it to sound like all of that was aimed at Sarge who i actually often agree with, it is more of a general frustration that i have about the moaning that goes on here the minute something doesn't go our way. It is almost like people enjoy the failure or disappointment.
Anyway, if we beat Newcastle tonight then i doubt even the most miserable fan could find something to complain about!

I wouldn`t bet on that..................

"It was a weakened team"
"If Fosu/Baptiste were still here..."
The toilets were full of smokers"
"KR was wearing the wrong coloured shoes"
"There was a queue to get out of the car park"
"The traffic management delayed me by 3 minutes"
"Day trippers......"
"No noise...."

I`m sure GUK has plenty more ready to go..... ?

I wouldn`t bet on that..................

"It was a weakened team"
"If Fosu/Baptiste were still here..."
The toilets were full of smokers"
"KR was wearing the wrong coloured shoes"
"There was a queue to get out of the car park"
"The traffic management delayed me by 3 minutes"
"Day trippers......"
"No noise...."

I`m sure GUK has plenty more ready to go..... ?
and, of course, the classic 'yet another game added to the fixture list'

Well your the optimistic one

Looked great, I glanced over to the Newcastle fans while it was flying, they seemed to appreciate it as well
majority of them applauded when the Jim Smith surfer was unfurled
( I was sat 'opposite' them in SSL - my grand daughter enquired why the Newcastle supporters were clapping the Oxford big flag, so I explained re Jim Smith's being connected to both clubs- bless her, shes only 11)

Fella responsible for a solo victory 'display' tues night has earned a life ban from football matches....

Fella responsible for a solo victory 'display' tues night has earned a life ban from football matches....

This article may not be 100% true.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It’s not right,” Steve Bruce told Soccer on Sunday. “The FA guidelines on penis management are crystal clear. If fans can’t be trusted to handle their willies responsibly, then they have no place in football.”

“And that goes double for their willies,” added the former defender.

“Yes,” replied Bruce, when asked if the waggling incident has sullied Newcastle’s win. “We should be sitting here talking about Allan’s wonder goal, but instead we’re focused on one idiot’s meat thermometer. It’s disappointing.”

Yes as EY said , bit of joke site , but l would think TVP may not be happy such things happening on live TV.

Back
Top Bottom