Transfer News Ched Evans

Fob them off. My god if you can’t paper over something like that to a 10 (yes 10) year old then quite frankly I’d despair for you as a parent. I can assure you all my kids were doing things 10 year olds do at that age, like playing innocently and carefree, not engaging in the topic of rape with their parents.

This sort of lily livered parenting where a parent has to include kids in all ranges of subjects is pathetically weak. Grow a pair and stand up to your inquisitive little 10 year old and tell them it’s not a topic they need know about and to mind their own business.
But when it is being repeated as it was when we played Chesterfield a couple of seasons ago the 10 year old like most 10 year olds will be very inquisitive and may repeat the word even in school, yes you can paper over cracks and fob a child of but the word will remain. Grow a pair? Do me a favour and button it, my youngest when 10 was 2002 and I kept my 3 Daughters on the straight and narrow and if any one messed them about I would like any responsible parent would deal with it.tes my daughters when they were 10 did 10 year old things like playing with other children hide and seek and going to the local park and playing on swings and slides, but as a responsible parent I would also answer they’re questions as honestly as i could but the one thing they new about was right and wrong.
UNDERSTAND FFS

So you would have turned down John Terry, Roy Keane et al then ?

Many football players are at best prize tools but that doesn't stop teams employing them
I wouldn’t sign ANY player involved in serious crime. I’ll say again, would you still sign these players if a member of your family had been on the receiving end?

Can we afford with Fleetwood financially to get a player like Evans?

Don't be so ridiculous man. So what actually is your reply to the post of Didcot yellow?

Ched Evans, was not finally convicted, then you call someone stupid for stating the fact, in quite an abusive manner.

Were you perchance looking in the mirror as you typed???? Simpleton:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The whole saga involving Evans is well documented and everyone is free to make their own mind up whether he is whiter than white or not. If you think the British Justice system is flawless, you need to wake up.

As for your mate, Didcot, he chose to initiate the level of conversation. I’m glad it got the reaction I had hoped.

But when it is being repeated as it was when we played Chesterfield a couple of seasons ago the 10 year old like most 10 year olds will be very inquisitive and may repeat the word even in school, yes you can paper over cracks and fob a child of but the word will remain. Grow a pair? Do me a favour and button it, my youngest when 10 was 2002 and I kept my 3 Daughters on the straight and narrow and if any one messed them about I would like any responsible parent would deal with it.tes my daughters when they were 10 did 10 year old things like playing with other children hide and seek and going to the local park and playing on swings and slides, but as a responsible parent I would also answer they’re questions as honestly as i could but the one thing they new about was right and wrong.
UNDERSTAND FFS

Nonsense.

I’d never want my 10 year old knowing about certain stuff. It’s not for their ears, they don’t have to know and really what is to be gained by telling a 10 year old about rape ? Their time will come. A strong in control parent will deal with it in a simple and straightforward way without going into any detail.

Tail wagging the dog with you by the sound of it.

Read the full, well documented, story of his retrial and then make your mind up. At this rate some of the people on here will be calling him St Evans if he signs.

I have read multiple accounts in detail. I’ve watched the CCTV of the girl walk (unaided, in high heels) into the hotel, realise she’s forgotten her pizza in the taxi, and then walk back and get it - the pizza that she coherently ordered and paid for not long previously. I also know that Evans, at initial police interview, described her doing and saying things during the sex that others later corroborated she did when consenting.

Since you clearly think he is a criminal and a rapist, do you think she was not consenting? Or just incapable of consenting, and he knew it?

I have read multiple accounts in detail. I’ve watched the CCTV of the girl walk (unaided, in high heels) into the hotel, realise she’s forgotten her pizza in the taxi, and then walk back and get it - the pizza that she coherently ordered and paid for not long previously. I also know that Evans, at initial police interview, described her doing and saying things during the sex that others later corroborated she did when consenting.

Since you clearly think he is a criminal and a rapist, do you think she was not consenting? Or just incapable of consenting, and he knew it?
You failed to mention his defence team offered a reward for witnesses. He won largely due to a large sum of money that was paid to witnesses. Why didn’t they come forward before?

You failed to say you saw the video evidence that she consented. There isn’t any.

The girl allegedly had a colourful past, but does that mean it was OK for her to be raped if that’s what happened?

Everyone is entitled to form their own opinion. Perhaps they should check their moral compass first though.

He also successfully settled out of court for a massive amount against his defense team for failing ...... im on the fence with this one not sure either way but the fact is his conviction was overturned

From a pure footballing perspective, 17 goals in 39 appearances last season in L1 is pretty prolific.
That suggests that if you give him chances at this level in a decent attacking side he will score (previously at Chesterfield who were relegated and Sheff U in the Championship)

which is surely exactly what we need

It’s not quite as simple as ‘he was found innocent, so he’s not a rapist!’ It’s not like he has now proven he was 10 miles away on the night in question and so wasn’t involved.

Both sides agreed that they had sex. The only debate was whether she was too drunk to consent.

I’m pretty confident that he’s not a rapist in the sense of he wouldn’t attack a resisting woman who was saying no. I personally believe the woman in question wasn’t passed out or saying no to him. However, he’s also clearly not exactly a nice, family guy - going out to look for women while having a partner, sleeping with someone his mate has just been with, etc.

Personally, I’d be fine with us signing him, but he’ll never be my favourite player or anything and I won’t be bothered if we don’t.

Weren't Ferdinand and other England players out looking for girls some years ago - am sure most of them were in relationships too - how many of us have messed up relationships - you could be forgiven for thinking this was a forum for a holier than thou religious group rather than for a football team !!!

You failed to mention his defence team offered a reward for witnesses. He won largely due to a large sum of money that was paid to witnesses. Why didn’t they come forward before?

You failed to say you saw the video evidence that she consented. There isn’t any.

The girl allegedly had a colourful past, but does that mean it was OK for her to be raped if that’s what happened?

Everyone is entitled to form their own opinion. Perhaps they should check their moral compass first though.

You seem confused about the witnesses - they confirmed that what he originally described as her consenting sexual behaviour (before speaking to these witnesses) was consistent with how she had acted with others in similar, consenting situations.

There isn’t any video evidence that she didn’t consent - even she didn’t claim that she didn’t consent. Strange that you are, now, with no reason to that you have put forward?

I haven’t mentioned her past. No-one is saying she deserved any of this. But you still haven’t said what evidence you’ve seen makes you think he’s guilty - or even on what basis of law you think he is - and moral compasses have nothing to do with this. I’m not disputing he’s not a disgusting human being, but that’s not a ‘serious crime’ as you put it

and one of the most watched (and most execrable) programmes on tv is Love Island where people are encouraged to shag for the sake of it

Back
Top Bottom