General Cashless 'viral infection'?

Big brother is coming to a town near you............i was in sainsburys earlier and the messages over the tannoy really reminded me of the 1984 film,quite eerie really,a cashless society will see the end of the poor earning a little on the side to boost their shite wages.......the gov know where you are at any time by just using the apps on your phone where youve accepted terms and conditions....has anyone EVER read them???? no .........bb.jpg

Big brother is coming to a town near you............i was in sainsburys earlier and the messages over the tannoy really reminded me of the 1984 film,quite eerie really,a cashless society will see the end of the poor earning a little on the side to boost their shite wages.......the gov know where you are at any time by just using the apps on your phone where youve accepted terms and conditions....has anyone EVER read them???? no .........View attachment 4451
I feel its a good thing. The UK is clinging onto the past, needs to evolve, embrace change and diversity.

Big brother is coming to a town near you............i was in sainsburys earlier and the messages over the tannoy really reminded me of the 1984 film,quite eerie really,a cashless society will see the end of the poor earning a little on the side to boost their shite wages.......the gov know where you are at any time by just using the apps on your phone where youve accepted terms and conditions....has anyone EVER read them???? no .........View attachment 4451
It's not Paranoia TT, they really out to get YOU!

Enjoy your future if you're living in HK........
I haven't lived in HK for sometime.

But living in HK, as an Expat right now is fine and will be in the future.

I would rather live in China than the UK or US right now...

My funny what? Presumably you’re not a Uighur or any sort of democrat. Why are you here?
Who says "democracy" is a good thing that actually works. Why am I here in what respect?

Your posts usually are good for amusement, am sure most are in jest.

Who says "democracy" is a good thing that actually works. Why am I here in what respect?

Your posts usually are good for amusement, am sure most are in jest.
You’re a bot aren’t you .... embrace change .... China is good.... Hong Kong is fine ... embrace change ... that Gary Briggs eh ...

You’re a bot aren’t you .... embrace change .... China is good.... Hong Kong is fine ... embrace change ... that Gary Briggs eh ...
Quite a few on here know me and know who I am. You could call me progressive yes and have good insight to here in Asia.

Yea but isn’t that what a bot would be programmed to say?
I don't know, ask yourself as BOTS tend to have limited intelligence, understanding and empathy of which you display these characters.

Maybe you need reprogramming or your limited AI can be enhanced from people in this forum?

Self service tills, card only, cashless society, numbers on spreadsheets ............... its your freedom they are taking bit by bit.

Shops and businesses insisting on non cash payment only doesn’t feel right to me. I suspect it’s all about what benefits and is convenient to the banking industry and not what benefits and is convenient to the general public.

Personally I’ll keep using cash as and when I can, and if there’s a choice between a business such as Starbucks that doesn’t take cash and one that does just down the road, then Starbucks will lose my business.

Can't remember the last time I used cash for any purchase, since 2020 the change has really moved forwards. Not a problem for me, but shops should still accept cash for those who wish to use it.

Back
Top Bottom