Carol Mankelow

I didn't know Carol, but immediately recognised her from the photo provided. Always seemed to be smiling just as much going away from games as going in, no matter what the result. Very clearly just loved Oxford United.

RIP

Like @Scotchegg I didn't know Carol, but instantly recognised her from the photograph.

RIP Carol, another stalwart lost.

RIP Carol.

An extremely loyal and dedicated fan who loved the club, whether that was the youth teams, women's or men's. I know she was devastated not to have managed to make as many games as she would have wished last season but would always listen in on RadOx or be watching on iFollow.

A huge loss and many condolences to her family.

Carol was a regular on the LRTC away coach and we have many happy memories from our travels .
A stalwart Oxford United fan, she would always fight the players corner and would find a positive, whatever the result.
Carol, unknowingly, broke her hip after a fall whilst waiting for the coach to Fleetwood .
The journey was uncomfortable and the away stewards helped her back to the coach after the game.
Her last home game was against Arsenal .
She was a warm and generous lady .
We miss her .

Like others, I recognised her face from away games and around the Kasstad. Will be a shame not to see her anymore.

RIP.

Thoughts with the family.

A commemorative brick at the new stadium will be a nice tribute in a few years’ time I’m sure.

RIP.

My goodness me where does the time go!!
I'm really sad to hear of this loss.
I frequently saw Carol on coach 1 on LRT and remember her purchasing boxes of Chocolates around Xmas time each year for fans on the coach.

The likes of Carol, Terry, Steve on LRT and Mr Gascoigne to name just a few lost fans will never, never be forgotten and when the good times come we will certainly raise a glass on behalf of them.

RIP

Back
Top Bottom