Ex Player Brian mcdermot

Oxford57

Very interesting and brutally honest about his career, has come to terms with his issues, the athletic at times produces some very well written articles

Yeah just read the article it's really frank. Was especially intrigued by the parts on imposter syndrome and not feeling joy after a victory, just relief.

His relative Finton was/is Sligo’s youngest goalkeeper
Having managed at premier and championship level, his contacts and scouting knowledge, would make a ideal candidate for DOF
Plus must have had dealings with Tiger in the past.

Last edited:
I played against Brian McDermott when he ended up playing for a side down here. A local guy was one of the first big roll over winners on the lottery and he ploughed a lot of money into a club here. Half the team were ex football league players and they strolled the county league here. I always remember how well he struck a football with so little effort. He did well to get the managers jobs he did from that point.

I played against Brian McDermott when he ended up playing for a side down here. A local guy was one of the first big roll over winners on the lottery and he ploughed a lot of money into a club here. Half the team were ex football league players and they strolled the county league here. I always remember how well he struck a football with so little effort. He did well to get the managers jobs he did from that point.
Stamco?

It was Stamco. They had a number of ex full time pro's playing. Steve Gatting was another I recall playing against.
Stamco is a building supplies firm. So as they climbed the leagues they had to change their name to St Leonard's Stamcroft then Hastings Utd as they couldn't have a business name.

Back
Top Bottom