Matches Brentford B - Behind Close Doors Game

How many of those were in the league against proper first team opposition though?
4 plus 2 Cup goals.
A couple of very Important goals as well.
Most who follow football know that he can score goals so the fact that he has scored in this goal is hardly a surprise.
The issue is that he has never been fit enough regularly enough to show what he is capable of. Even then he has scored goals.

Subs so far

Plumley for Stevens at Half-Time
Nosakhere for Mousinho 70
O'Donkor for Winnall 70

Nico Jones on for Brentford at left-back.

Subs at 88mins
ON: Sade, Goodrham, Anifowose, Smith, Owens
OFF: Bodin, Watt, Johnson, Elechi, Davis

Subs at 88mins
ON: Sade, Goodrham, Anifowose, Smith, Owens
OFF: Bodin, Watt, Johnson, Elechi, Davis
I am having difficulty working out what the point of that is. In a behind closed doors game in which the result really doesn't matter, surely you have to given them 15 minutes at the very least? You are hardly saving Bodin's legs by taking him off with two minutes to go and the youngsters aren't going to gain much in such a short appearance.

Is he in even in England, right now?
I don't think so. He's been told that he's not in Robinson's plans beyond January and will likely agree a loan/nominal fee transfer to an Irish side in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately for him, the circumstances back home cost him a year of a two year contract and he's shown nowhere near enough to warrant an extension. There's potential there, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him do very well back in Ireland. But whether the step up in leagues is too much, or just being away from home is too hard, it just hasn't worked out for him here and I very much doubt we'll see him again at Oxford.

I don't think so. He's been told that he's not in Robinson's plans beyond January and will likely agree a loan/nominal fee transfer to an Irish side in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately for him, the circumstances back home cost him a year of a two year contract and he's shown nowhere near enough to warrant an extension. There's potential there, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him do very well back in Ireland. But whether the step up in leagues is too much, or just being away from home is too hard, it just hasn't worked out for him here and I very much doubt we'll see him again at Oxford.

All the media reports and the clubs announcement at the time called it a three year deal.
Doesn't particularly matter in the grand scheme of things as we'd probably let him go on a free anyway.

Indeed! Totally agree.

All the media reports and the clubs announcement at the time called it a three year deal.
Doesn't particularly matter in the grand scheme of things as we'd probably let him go on a free anyway.
You could be right. Thought it was a 2+1 deal, but either way I think we're likely to cut our losses on this one and move on for everyone's benefit.

It is a shame, I was really excited when we signed him, especially considering the success of Whyte and Skyes.

Would the club fund part of his wages if he returned to Ireland with another club? I'm assuming he would be on more money here and would lose out. I suppose the club would maybe agree some sort of pay off.

It does leave the door open for Robbo to bring in another left sided forward (ahem! Marcus Browne!!).

Lets hope Skyes is being offered a decent package along with Moore etc.

Last edited:
I spoke to Brentford friends today about him. Apparently, injured or not, he’s very much out of favour and rumours of attitude problems. They think he’ll be on his way in January.
I can't say that surprises me.
He isn't doing himself any favours if true.

Cooper out and a defensive midfielder or left back in is sensible business, we have more need in those positions than we do for a winger. He might well go on to prove us wrong, hard to know as he has played so little but you can’t keep players just so you don’t look foolish a few years down the line.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom