Bradford (A)

@Bantam in peace

Got my tickets through for this one, I see we are in the East stand on the side, don't away fans usually go behind the goal?
I haven't been to Bradford before, any tips on where to park?

@Bantam in peace

Got my tickets through for this one, I see we are in the East stand on the side, don't away fans usually go behind the goal?

Id expect @Bantam in peace to be more ITK with first hand knowledge

I do find the awayday online guides are helpful, albeit its always worth checking on some of the details ( things can change ), here's an awayday guide for fans visiting Bradford City ....http://www.tothe92.co.uk/groundguide/bradford.html

@Bantam in peace

For many years we were in the East stand where the view is excellent. The last two times though they have put us behind the goal where the view was much worse. Glad we've returned to the East Stand.
There is street parking around the area but depending where you leave your car it can take quite a while to get away afterwards.

@Bantam in peace

Might try the public car park on Westgate, 50p an hour, shuts at 7pm. Street parking is tricky depending on crowd.
As a cultural alternative, head to Saltaire, take in the work of our greatest living artist, few beers in Fanny’s (former home of John Peel’s in-laws), Park in Saltaire, bus or train to the ground, get a curry on the way back at the Karachi on Neal Street, hopefully get a result. Perfect day.

Howdy chaps..

To pick up on a couple of points,

The bradford brewery did shut down but was reopened by someone else, early impressions werent great so not sure if it still exists, its approximately two minutes walk from north parade so no real hardship if heading there and its closed.

Parking, someone mentioned westgate thats good, if not a little tricky to get to if you know what im mean (bd1 3ss) surroundings a little grubby but a) its bradford and b) its a car park.. Set above a 50's fruit and veg market thats seen better days.. Make sure you use the multi story if going there, the street level car parks beside are £1/2 an hour more expensive..if you want a mooch about first then broadway shopping centre in the centre is £1.50 all day,About 15mins from the ground. Parking is available on midland road at the far ends away from the stand but please be warned vehicle crime is very high on matchday, something the club and police were liasing on.

Anyone on the train, bear in mind our wonderful rail service is on strike again (last 8 weekends) so some services between leeds and Bradford may not run or are possibly buses. Best to double check on the day..

I see you're in the east stand, if its a bright day you will get sun in your eyes for most the first half so bringing a cap is advised. Spent half a season in there watching from under my hand.

Will try pop back in nearer the game if anyone wants to know anything else.

All the best

As an aside to the match (!) @Bantam in peace .... is Queens Hall Bradford still operational/ still standing?

It was owned/ run I believe by Bradford Students Union during the late 80s & 90s
I was a resident DJ at the soul allnighters at the time back then

If its still there, & there's time pre-match, a bit of a reminisce may be on my schedule

As an aside to the match (!) @Bantam in peace .... is Queens Hall Bradford still operational/ still standing?

It was owned/ run I believe by Bradford Students Union during the late 80s & 90s
I was a resident DJ at the soul allnighters at the time back then

If its still there, & there's time pre-match, a bit of a reminisce may be on my schedule
It is still standing and is currently used as an entertainment venue, I think. My better half was President of the Student Union when Queens was the place. There are a couple of bars down the back walking down towards the Alhambra. The Wetherspoons has closed, the nearest now being off City Square. Don’t miss a trip to Sunbridge Wells that runs underneath Ivegate.

It is still standing and is currently used as an entertainment venue, I think. My better half was President of the Student Union when Queens was the place. There are a couple of bars down the back walking down towards the Alhambra. The Wetherspoons has closed, the nearest now being off City Square. Don’t miss a trip to Sunbridge Wells that runs underneath Ivegate.
Cheers for info ....downstairs at queens hall (back in late 80s early 90s) was probably the best system I've ever dj'd on ...great times &great memories too:)

Back
Top Bottom