Bicester

Other than being the person to break the news of the first winding-up petition. Which everybody then used as a stick to beat him with for sh!-stirring.....
I thought he read it on here, then followed up with his own research by calling the court service and posting on twitter.

Bicester ain't the easiest of places to get to by road, not with bicester village attracting punters who cause gridlock on the roads surrounding at the best of times, Saturday's especially, (and never mind the increase of customers attracted 'this' time of year and during sales & other peak times)....add to the already choked roads more than a few thousand football supporters on match days. .... Bicester wouldn't be a preference for OUFC to relocate to for me

I thought he read it on here, then followed up with his own research by calling the court service and posting on twitter.
I thought he posted it on Twitter, then somebody posted his Tweet on here...

Unreasonable? Only if you believe the constant propaganda.
The propaganda includes Kassam suggesting that he is the custodian of the club.
On the basis that it refers to all of the owners at OUFC and even Oxvox yes I do believe it.
When I see the deterioration of the ground and awful state of it then yes I do believe it. Or do you think that Kassam is keeping the ground in reasonable repair and is be g a good cilustodian of the club?

So you are unable to support the claim, made by this MD and football club, circa 20 Sept, that Oxford United actually had their rent increased to £1m per year.

I was clearly talking about propaganda. This isn't a debate about 'custodian'. So let's start with that.
Why should anybody support that claim?
It was a cock up by the MD in my view. He royally cocked that up.
It still doesn't mean that Kassam is remotely good for our football club.

The current ownership of the club are (as has now been shown) capable of bending the truth, being secretive, making misleading statements and not delivering on the simplest of promises. But that does not make Kassam anything other than a pretty hostile and uncooperative landlord. I'm not sure either lot come out with much credit at the moment.
Agree totally

Bicester ain't the easiest of places to get to by road, not with bicester village attracting punters who cause gridlock on the roads surrounding at the best of times, Saturday's especially, (and never mind the increase of customers attracted 'this' time of year and during sales & other peak times)....add to the already choked roads more than a few thousand football supporters on match days. .... Bicester wouldn't be a preference for OUFC to relocate to for me
With the new road layout there is very little traffic problems at the moment.

With the new road layout there is very little traffic problems at the moment.
A34 ain't all that ....ita invariably gridlocked approaching m40 j9 and heading south from m40 j9 most days. ... takes much longer to visit relatives in bicester these days (In travel time from ox3) than it used to going back a few years

Agree, there is no problem with traffic in Bicester. The new road layout, park and ride & train have made it very good.
Getting TO Bicester by road FROM Oxford ,based on very recent experiences is neither easy or a quick journey I find

I go a fair bit - once you get past the Oxford junction on the A34 it's normally decent

Agree, there is no problem with traffic in Bicester. The new road layout, park and ride & train have made it very good.
I think very good is a bit of an overstatement, glad I'm the other side of Bicester. It has improved a lot, but certainly, but not what I'd call very good.

Just think of all the extra revenue from the new Chinese customers who will take in a visit to a typical English football match, after visiting Kidlington, a typical English village.
It's very relevant.

Stupid talk of moving the club to the outpost of Bicester WOULD NOT enable Oxford United to have any serious ambitions of being a reasonable League One club, let alone the rhetoric of Championship and Premiership football.

It's about time Niall McWilliams and his colleagues confirm the magical five sites and actually engage with it's fanbase. Some management at the club are more intent about getting away from a perfectly reasonable location and stadium because they are unable to make non-emotional business decisions.
The current ownership of the club are (as has now been shown) capable of bending the truth, being secretive, making misleading statements and not delivering on the simplest of promises. But that does not make Kassam anything other than a pretty hostile and uncooperative landlord. I'm not sure either lot come out with much credit at the moment.
A34 ain't all that ....ita invariably gridlocked approaching m40 j9 and heading south from m40 j9 most days. ... takes much longer to visit relatives in bicester these days (In travel time from ox3) than it used to going back a few years
I live about 30 miles from the stadium and drive through, or around, Bicester to, and from, every home game and its very rare that I sit in a queue for more than a couple of minutes.
I also seem to manage to get back home while others still seem to be stuck in the Kassam car park.

Just think of all the extra revenue from the new Chinese customers who will take in a visit to a typical English football match, after visiting Kidlington, a typical English village.

well....Bicester Village is the second most visited place in UK by far Eastern tourists, and renowned in China. Anyone heard that radio programme where the Chinese visit Edinburgh Castle and Old tr afford etc and finish with BV as the highlight? Every Chinese visitor want to go there....

So add a visit to Oxfordshire Spires United @BV Stadium to the agenda and it's a money spinner

I live about 30 miles from the stadium and drive through, or around, Bicester to, and from, every home game and its very rare that I sit in a queue for more than a couple of minutes.
I also seem to manage to get back home while others still seem to be stuck in the Kassam car park.

Out of interest do you think the roads out of Bicester would be better to get away after a game than the Kassam is?
I believe the Didcot area would be another potential site which again would have its problems.

£300k for a crappy, freezing, soulless 3 sided stadium might be fine for some but I'd rather see that money being put back into the club rather than feathering Kassam ample nest.

As mentioned a million times before, a new build would allow for retail, hotel and leisure facilities that would make the stadium self funding. Consequently, the club could sign up to a long term rental agreement that is peanuts compared to what we are paying. That can only be a good thing, and location (within reason) wouldn't make a huge difference.
Ok you have an opinion, but so does everyone else.
I still see you are banging the delusional drum that any new stadium is coming on the cheap.
These are business men with an eye where they can make a profit, their aim might be build us a tinpot stadium but bag loads of land and build on it for profit, what happens when they leave after they have made their money and sell on, do you know the next owner will be after these people have made their money and left? You are acting out the fantasy scenario all the time, keep this up and you will be in the same bracket as our old mate chas.
If you have some inside line to the owners plans, this is all hopeful pie in the sky.

Ok you have an opinion, but so does everyone else.
I still see you are banging the delusional drum that any new stadium is coming on the cheap.
These are business men with an eye where they can make a profit, their aim might be build us a tinpot stadium but bag loads of land and build on it for profit, what happens when they leave after they have made their money and sell on, do you know the next owner will be after these people have made their money and left? You are acting out the fantasy scenario all the time, keep this up and you will be in the same bracket as our old mate chas.
If you have some inside line to the owners plans, this is all hopeful pie in the sky.

Of course it's an opinion, and of course no one knows what will happen! However, it doesn't take much to realise that our current situation isn't sustainable, and no one is going to gift us a new stadium. Therefore, a new build with sufficient business opportunities to cover the costs can effectively allow the ground to become a community resource with minimal rental costs and with match day revenue supporting the club. You repeatedly fail to understand this so debate is pointless!

Back
Top Bottom