General Back four contracts

If he doesnt sign we need to transfer list him in advance of the January window. We cannot give him away on a free. The whole back four have contracts up - not ITK but seems that possibly where the falling outs/divides have been (Norman etc) so probably Curtis just cannot wait to get away.[/QUOTE]

The whole back four do not have their contracts up. Dickie, Ruffels, Norman and McMahon will still be under contract next season?
With regard to some vague rumours about Norman you suggest that Nelson can't wait to get away? Probably. Really?
I heard that Nelson fell out with Norman after a couple of cock ups but not sure I buy that just like I don't buy your total speculation.

Exactly. Another year of consolidation all put down to bad luck. Highly paid profession. No second chances? Think we will get a cash injection in summer to buy some decent players and have a push. Not confident under what Ive seen from KR we still wont end up with crocks
Of course every other club thinks they should be up there. They haven’t failed if they don’t get promoted

For me he’s not worth selling him for a couple of hundred grand with position we are in we’ve got a top centre back who could make the difference in us staying up (if he doesn’t get injured) then we’d need to find someone who just as good as him which isn’t going to happen if they wanted to sell him for his true value last season despite his injury then fair enough but they didn’t get that offer & KR said he’d rather keep him for the season then sell for less than what he’s worth

We made our profit on Ledson this season & got compo for Rothwell this season

For me he’s not worth selling him for a couple of hundred grand with position we are in we’ve got a top centre back who could make the difference in us staying up (if he doesn’t get injured) then we’d need to find someone who just as good as him which isn’t going to happen if they wanted to sell him for his true value last season despite his injury then fair enough but they didn’t get that offer & KR said he’d rather keep him for the season then sell for less than what he’s worth

We made our profit on Ledson this season & got compo for Rothwell this season
Said before we should transfer list them all with 18m to go if not wanting to sign any extensions we offer. Ok of course Nelson wants to be OOC and have no fee = higher wages, but we could be creative. Anyone who wants to go signs an extension and is listed, His wages go to match the highest paid - thats his bait. We hopefully make more on the fee differential than it costs us in extra wages, but we get known to not give anyone away for free, ever.

Said before we should transfer list them all with 18m to go if not wanting to sign any extensions we offer. Ok of course Nelson wants to be OOC and have no fee = higher wages, but we could be creative. Anyone who wants to go signs an extension and is listed, His wages go to match the highest paid - thats his bait. We hopefully make more on the fee differential than it costs us in extra wages, but we get known to not give anyone away for free, ever.

Crikey. 18 minutes to go seems a bit risky.

Not sure what kind of value you’re expecting for a player we’ve actively transfer listed.

Not sure what kind of value you’re expecting for a player we’ve actively transfer listed.
You have to amortise any amount with the number of games left. If we know he isnt going to sign, then in January we should be trying to sell players and get an agreement they stay until end of season (plus sell on clauses). I think clubs will try and nip in and sign players in January, and a few hundred thousand doesnt even touch the sides, before the contract is up and they are free agents and probably move elsewhere. Even if we get 200k for say Nelson, thats over 10k a game and we would get nothing in the summer. We just cannot afford to let contacts expire worthless

Back
Top Bottom