General Andy Rourke Dies

Member of one of the most important Manchester and Indie bands of the '80s. RIP.

Music splits opinions even more than football, but I'd argue that the Smiths are the most influential band of the last 40+ years

Alongside Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke produced a sound that still sounds fresh and unique now. Rest in peace.

If you ever want to know what Andy brought to the Smiths, I always think of Barbarism Begins At Home - particularly the live recordings.

I’d say he’s as good a bassist as Marr is a guitarist, and that’s probably the highest praise you could give him as a musician.

By the sounds of it, a lovely man too.

No age - RIP.

Music splits opinions even more than football, but I'd argue that the Smiths are the most influential band of the last 40+ years

Alongside Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke produced a sound that still sounds fresh and unique now. Rest in peace.
I would also agree with that. The sheer amount of top songs in a relatively short period of time was incredible. I was also a massive fan of morrisseys solo work but never shared his political views.
A sad day

Always sad when a musician dies :(

For what it’s worth, the Smiths are one of the few bands I really cannot stand, but that’s not down to their bassist!

Back
Top Bottom