Ex Player Andy Crosby

Good for him.
A decent player in a poor team of ours. Excellent penalty taker and good captain.
And done a good job with Northern Ireland u21s, brought some good lads through

It did make me smile When Andy Crosby was speaking about theVales signings he's looking at about how they need more physical players he's learnt quicker than we need 🤣

If I was building a ‘Best of the Kassam Stadium-era’ squad from Oxford players who graced the three-stand Mecca, Andy Crosby would make the 23 and would probably be the only player from the 2001-2006 era to do so. We definitely became a worse team after he left since we lost his captaincy abilities too. He was probably Ian Atkins best signing overall.

Good luck to him at Vale.

Every successful team needs at least one ‘Andy Crosby’.

If I was building a ‘Best of the Kassam Stadium-era’ squad from Oxford players who graced the three-stand Mecca, Andy Crosby would make the 23 and would probably be the only player from the 2001-2006 era to do so. We definitely became a worse team after he left since we lost his captaincy abilities too. He was probably Ian Atkins best signing overall.

Good luck to him at Vale.
No room for Dean Whitehead?

Possibly Jamie Brooks as a squad player?

Oh God, who would be in goal?

Dunkley, McNalley, Dickie, Atkinson there’s definitely some center backs that he’s competing with there

I thought Phil Whitehead was a more than decent keeper 😉
Phil Whitehead never played at the Kassam. The first keeper was Ian McCalden I believe. Though I suspect you wouldn't pick Ian McColden as the finest keeper to play at the Kassam Stadium. That is unless you stopped watching us entirely throughout the period dated 2002 until 2023 choosing only to watch the few months where Simon Eastwood lost the plot completely.

No room for Dean Whitehead?

Possibly Jamie Brooks as a squad player?

Oh God, who would be in goal?

Alan Judge. 😁

As a serious answer for the short period of 2001-2006 then Andy Woodman was a decent keeper. Had his weaknesses but had plenty of strengths as well.

Last edited:
Dunkley, McNalley, Dickie, Atkinson there’s definitely some center backs that he’s competing with there

I'd always want to build my 'Best of' XIs with one proper ball-playing CB that's excellent defensively but can also bring the ball out silkily and get us on the front foot; and one physically dominant hard-as-nails f***er who has the opposition strikers reconsidering their life choices before the end of 90 minutes.

And I reckon the latter is a straight choice between Dunkley & Crozza in the Kasstad era. Leaning towards Crosby because then you wouldn't have to worry about penalties ever again.

Pair him with peak Rob Dickie (or even Jake Wright?) and job's a good 'un.