Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Hell have a lot of options. Would expect the likes of Peterborough to be in also.

We need to get this deal done.

There’s a 3 year deal on the table for him which he’s happy about it’s all down to wages

I think we need to be in the championship next season to be in with a chance of keeping him.

I think he'd be mad to go anywhere else. Surely he would have realised from his Bristol City spell that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. He's local and he's at a club with a fanbase that appreciates him, so unless another club was blowing us out of the water financially (which I can't see happening) then I can't see why his head would turn.

I think he'd be mad to go anywhere else. Surely he would have realised from his Bristol City spell that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. He's local and he's at a club with a fanbase that appreciates him, so unless another club was blowing us out of the water financially (which I can't see happening) then I can't see why his head would turn.
hope you're right @battman .... & I guess, so does @RyanioBirdio? ;)

Surely Pompey could pay him a lot more? But we may be able to convince him we want him more

There’s a 3 year deal on the table for him which he’s happy about it’s all down to wages
Afraid wages won’t be great with no club getting any income from match day revenue. Just hope the sponsorship is good enough to tempt Matt Taylor plus there maybe a wage cap

Surely Pompey could pay him a lot more? But we may be able to convince him we want him more
They probably could but they have a pretty high wage bill as it is so could they pay him a lot more plus there maybe a wage cap which if there is will make a difference.

Possibly a bit more, but it wouldn't be loads. they might have a rich owner, but in this current climate they're not going to give huge wages to a player who's never proved himself in the Championship.

Matty has a chance to be a real fan's favourite here and could, in theory, finish his career here. So he has a choice to make: does he continue what he's started here at his hometown club, or does he start all over at Portsmouth for the sake of a few extra quid, where he would probably just be 'another player'?

Matty has a chance to be a real fan's favourite here and could, in theory, finish his career here. So he has a choice to make: does he continue what he's started here at his hometown club, or does he start all over at Portsmouth for the sake of a few extra quid, where he would probably just be 'another player'?
Or does he unleash one final shithouse move and sign for Swindon?

If that happened I wouldn't even be mad, I'd almost applaud the audacity of switching to arch-rivals twice in a career.

wouldn't they, Sw*nd*n, have to have a few £ to spend, I believe their finances are currently 'under investigation' ( again)?

wouldn't they, Sw*nd*n, have to have a few £ to spend, I believe their finances are currently 'under investigation' ( again)?

I'd think Swindon's priority would be tying down Eoin Doyle and Jerry Yates to contracts.

Back
Top Bottom