Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

After the Newcastle game KR said in extra time Dan missed a sitter
Well that was not a sitter the ball was behind him and two Newcastle players were there to block him
My point is he is singling out a player for missing a chance rather than praise him for changing the game
Did KR want Dan in the first place or was he brought in because we had nothing else

As i've said many times before, the recruitment team one assumes watched him and thus identified him as a player for us going forward based one assumes on performances in several games. As for other issues i would suggest that people speak to others on such matters which suggests again not a problem.
5 minutes after being in the building we're told he is one for the future but when exactly is that? You decide the future not wait for it to happen and how will you ever know if he is as good as the recruitment team suggested for this League and above if he rarely plays or is sent on loan to Forest Green?

Once again i've said all along whilst we're constantly failing to get a striker over the line the answer just might already be in the building but we seem to prefer another year/season before truly finding out..So come the summer are we seriously not going to look for a main striker because Agyei future will be ready to begin?

OK. Explains why he plays every game.

Don't see why. Pay as you play contracts should be an incentive to play well and earn your name on the nex team sheet. I know he contributes but Mackie is a striker who's not scoring, so shouldn't play (or should be named on the bench rather than starting).

I don't know if we have but it might be his contract guarantees a number of game?

It's more catching up on fitness, team structure and of course the move south.. He looked ok in the City game, but was prone to standing around rather than moving.

I'm not digging the kid out at all, but it seems a bit desperate for some fans to latch on to him without perhaps peeking behind the curtain and understanding there may be good reasons he's not played as much as they'd hope. And certainly, listening to KR talk about Agyei for the past few months has been interesting.

What are the good reasons? And aren’t all players, ultimately, judged on performances in games - something which we can all see?

Don't see why. Pay as you play contracts should be an incentive to play well and earn your name on the nex team sheet. I know he contributes but Mackie is a striker who's not scoring, so shouldn't play (or should be named on the bench rather than starting).

I don't know if we have but it might be his contract guarantees a number of game?

i would imagine with our board that if he has such a deal they're begging Karl not to select him to save them a few quid:)

There is one thing defenders hate, especially in the lower leagues and that’s Pace! Dan Agyei has an abundance of it, and we are failing to exploit Lge one defences. He showed that against Southend albeit they are a bit crap, but you can only play against what’s in front of you. I like to see him and Taylor up top together.

Dear Dan
Perhaps you could change your approach a little? Running around shouting at referees, fouling the opposition centre backs and getting yourself booked would be a good start. It’s called “shithousery” apparently.
Dur dur dur dur! Danny Agyei!

Sorry about that - it just burst out of me. It was like I lost control of my own body for a moment. I think it’s working already!

Mmmm. From one perspective that is true. On the other hand, it gives KR a moral dilemma, particularly as Mackie is, I guess, well-liked by the other players and is presumably an integral part of the team spirit. He no doubt has a family, probably a mortgage and all the bills to pay that we all have. With a pay as you play contract ( and this is just speculation on my part but others seem to think that's what he has) then maybe if he doesn't get on the pitch he doesn't get paid which is not good for general morale. Hopefully, it's not as rigid as that and he gets a basic wage plus appearance bonuses. However it's constructed though, the incentive seems to be more with the manager than the player.

What are the good reasons? And aren’t all players, ultimately, judged on performances in games - something which we can all see?
The Gary Bloom article, linked elsewhere suggests something more nuanced in terms of mindset/attitude of players. I can't find the link now, but it is worth reading.

More goes into decisions than the visible performance in games. If a player doesn't track back or play to the system, are they are risk even if they score a goal? Not saying this Agyei's issue or not, but it's a not simple choice. We can all see Sykes is working harder and is a smarter player - let's be honest, he is still in and out of games now, but less so. Etc

It's more catching up on fitness, team structure and of course the move south.. He looked ok in the City game, but was prone to standing around rather than moving.

I'm not digging the kid out at all, but it seems a bit desperate for some fans to latch on to him without perhaps peeking behind the curtain and understanding there may be good reasons he's not played as much as they'd hope. And certainly, listening to KR talk about Agyei for the past few months has been interesting.
He is from london so shouldn't need much adjusting tbf

In the Newcastle game he came on with 20 minutes to go. We then got a goal resulting from his being brought down. He made the difference. The 30 minutes he got in extra time showed us he is good enough and fit enough.
Robbo’s criticism of him missing a sitter was unjustified, Messi wouldn’t have scored there either!

Dan Agyei has played 63 minutes in league one this season

Back
Top Bottom