Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Ah man this is bad news for us, but especially Gorrin. 6-9 months so hes out for the season.

Mad that we didn’t bring in a proper holding midfielder of his type to deputise/challenge Gorrin in the summer

Is it? Admittedly there’s no one else in the squad that can quite eat paella, drink Estrella and go in two footed like Gorrin can but we’ve had a few matches this year where we’ve changed personnel in the midfield and done more than well out of it without needing a DM in the enforcer role. The lack of a serious secondary option at LB terrifies me more.

Gutted for him. I hope it’s a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Kane has to play there now (he seems to have played best in that position).
Gorrin will be a big miss in certain games.
Kane staying in the new year is important of we need somebody else in that position.

Well thank god we’ve got Hanson, eh?
giphy.gif

Is it? Admittedly there’s no one else in the squad that can quite eat paella, drink Estrella and go in two footed like Gorrin can but we’ve had a few matches this year where we’ve changed personnel in the midfield and done more than well out of it without needing a DM in the enforcer role. The lack of a serious secondary option at LB terrifies me more.

Gutted for him. I hope it’s a speedy recovery.

Yeah I’d say both are glaring oversights. Look at what a top counter-attacking side like Plymouth did to us when we set up without Gorrin. Our games are certainly going to be exciting now, but to have only one destroyer in a squad given how important Gorrin is for us was pretty foolish.

Yeah I’d say both are glaring oversights. Look at what a top counter-attacking side like Plymouth did to us when we set up without Gorrin. Our games are certainly going to be exciting now, but to have only one destroyer in a squad given how important Gorrin is for us was pretty foolish.

Have to agree.

This isn't hindsight, quite a few said this at the start of the season. Once the August window closed, the 2 positions we lacked proper cover were defensive midfielder and left back.

Think we'll get away with not having a Gorrin type midfielder against some teams, but against more aggressive / higher placed teams a Gorrin type player is needed. Should have signed a defensive centre mid instead of one of the wingers.

Have to agree.

This isn't hindsight, quite a few said this at the start of the season. Once the August window closed, the 2 positions we lacked proper cover were defensive midfielder and left back.

Think we'll get away with not having a Gorrin type midfielder against some teams, but against more aggressive / higher placed teams a Gorrin type player is needed. Should have signed a defensive centre mid instead of one of the wingers.
Even Gorrin is only playing in what 50% games now?
So to bring in an understudy to Gorrin ( who if Gorrin was fit would possibly never play) is a bit of a challenge! Would any reserve being brought in be better than Hanson? He presumably could play in that position ( I personally would play Kane there).

I don't think (or would like to think) we wouldn't hang him out to dry like that.

And in any case, won;t insurance be paying his wages whilst he's out?

Depends if we were going to offer him a new contract. Injury has come at the wrong time for him.

Think this could be a big big blow for us this season. We have struggled in the past to keep goals out without him. Here's to hoping Kane doesn't go anywhere.

Even Gorrin is only playing in what 50% games now?
So to bring in an understudy to Gorrin ( who if Gorrin was fit would possibly never play) is a bit of a challenge! Would any reserve being brought in be better than Hanson? He presumably could play in that position ( I personally would play Kane there).
I agree with the first bit but in regard to the question you have asked about Hanson, I would say almost certainly yes!

Top player 100 per cent ,Iam sure we all send him our best for a quick return .

Back
Top Bottom