Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Reading between the lines, KR ruled out Sean Clare being involved in the playoffs as he wanted to keep the squad who had been involved in the main season together for it. McNally who has played a grand total of 0 minutes for us was deemed part of that squad*.

*I take the point that McNally is a CB so is included as important defensive cover (Grayson doesn’t deserve to be near this side at present) but the fact that KR wouldn’t even entertain having Clare involved suggests that his time here may well be at an end.

Reading between the lines, KR ruled out Sean Clare being involved in the playoffs as he wanted to keep the squad who had been involved in the main season together for it. McNally who has played a grand total of 0 minutes for us was deemed part of that squad*.

*I take the point that McNally is a CB so is included as important defensive cover (Grayson doesn’t deserve to be near this side at present) but the fact that KR wouldn’t even entertain having Clare involved suggests that his time here may well be at an end.

Was Clare even eligible?

Here we go then. The summer excitement begins.
State of play across the first team/U23s and Academy as follows:

Under contract for 21/22 and beyond:
1. Stevens (End of 23/24)
2. Eastwood (End of 23/24)

3. Long (End of 23/24)
4. Atkinson (End of 22/23)
5. Moore (End of 21/22)
6. McNally (End of 23/24)
7. Hanson (End of 21/22)
8. Clare (End of 22/23)

9. Brannagan (End of 22/23)
10. Gorrin (End of 21/22)
11. Sykes (End of 21/22)
12. Henry (End of 21/22 + year option)
13. McGuane (End of 23/24)
14. Cooper (End of 22/23)

15. Agyei (End of 21/22)
16. Taylor (End of 22/23)
17. Winnall (End of 21/22 + year option)
18. Osei-Yaw (End of 21/22)

Out of Contract:
Forde
Hall
Mousinho (Club Option)
Ruffels (Talks Started)

Loans Ending:
Barker
Grayson (To be released by Blackburn)
Kelly
Lee
Shodipo

U21s Out of Contract:
- Asonganyi (Club Option)
- Elechi
- Jones (Club Option)
- Lofthouse
- Lopes
- Spasov (Club Option)
- Chambers-Parillon
- Sade
- Sole
- Stevens (the outfield one)

U18s at end of Scholarships:
- Tyler Goodrham (offered Pro Contract)
- Kie Plumley (Through to Jan 2022)
- Callum Crook (Released)
- Jack Gardner (Released)
- Trey Grant (Released)
- Johnson (Released)
- Damian Niemczycki (Released)

U18s with a year left of Scholarship:
- Eddie Brearey (G)
- Ben Watt (FB)
- James Golding (CB)
- Clinton Nosakhare (CB)
- Mac Masters (DM)
- Josh Anifowose (CM)
- Elijah Coe (CM)
- Will Owens (W)
- Adam Smith (ST)

‘Ruffels - Talks started’

I’m sure it said that ages ago, these talks have been going on for some time then!

Summary

Offered New Deals: Chambers-Parillon, Forde, Goodrham, Lofthouse, Mousinho, Ruffels (earlier in the season).

Options Taken: Elechi, Spasov

Released: Asongyani, Hall, Jones, Lopes, Sole, Stevens.

Odd comments regarding Hall. Released as we all thought but seemingly some sort of door is open to him ...

was a bit surprised that Lopes and Sole were released
Why?

Neither of them has had a loan above the Southern League so far, we've got a good set of U18s coming through, there's no point keeping players around for the sake of it.

If Mous is being offered a playing contract (as opposed to coaching) I hope the club are bloody sure that he is robust enough to last the season.
I think to be chairman of PFA he has to be a player ? ..... wonder if he will be in the squad of 22 senior/ over 21 year olds ( plus 2 keepers- making 24) for league & proper cup ( FA and League cup) games... or if he will be registered as a player but not in said 22 , and make a few appearances in the pizza trophy games?

Odd comments regarding Hall. Released as we all thought but seemingly some sort of door is open to him ...
I would think if no one gives him a contract we'll let him come play some cup games for us rather than stick him in our league squad. I think it will be what happens with Mous too. Gives us some extra options for resting players in the pizza trophy.

Bit of a shame to see Sole, Stevens and Lopes released, I thought there was a lot of hope around those three but clearly haven't kicked on as well as hoped. Happy for the other young lads who've been offered new contracts. I would think we'll see LCP and Lofthouse flirting with the first team next season.

With the senior team, not unhappy with us retaining Forde and good to see confirmation that Ruffs was offered a contract earlier in the season. Hopefully one or both sign, although I don't think either would be a monumental loss.

Why?

Neither of them has had a loan above the Southern League so far, we've got a good set of U18s coming through, there's no point keeping players around for the sake of it.
I thought both looked promising youngesters when Ive seen them play ....presume its now a prerequisite that promising home grown talent has to have some loan time a league or so below the first team to be retained now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom