A fiver to watch a home match

• Thread starter Deleted member 808
  • Start date
I believe IL did a lot of work on these sorts of offers and found that they didn't make a material difference to the attendances or finances longer term. Not to say they won't be tried or shouldn't be though

Notts County (edit: actually Forest) are doing great things in fan engagement, and they have just announced their season ticket prices for next season:
£10 for 4-11y.o.
£50 for 12-17y.o.
£100 for 18-23y.o.

Its the prices for 16-23 year olds that will make the real positive difference.

Last edited:
Notts County are doing great things in fan engagement, and they have just announced their season ticket prices for next season:
£10 for 4-11y.o.
£50 for 12-17y.o.
£100 for 18-23y.o.

Its the prices for 16-23 year olds that will make the real positive difference.

I actually agree, football clubs are struggling to attract younger fans in, we have loads of empty seats so we might as well try to get them hooked. At least that deal doesn’t discriminate against hard working youngsters to the advantage of job dodging students.

The only problem is I can’t see us retaining a 24 year old when his season ticket jumps from £100 to £350, I doubt he will get a percentage pay rise comparable to that.

I think that’s the biggest problem with pricing tickets, if you set a low value on them then the price rise seems severe when it happens.

I think the best way is to have lots of have cheap tickets for those who want to attend but are cash strapped for whatever reason, terracing helps with that, and premium tickets that cost a lot but come with genuine perks on top to attract those that afford it.

Our stadium situation leaves us in a place where we can only be unadventurous with pricing unfortunately.

Think a decrease is needed in our STs to be honest. Tiger said he wants to fill the stadium. Decrease prices by 15%-20% and i reckon we'd see season ticket sales improve from this season.

I actually agree, football clubs are struggling to attract younger fans in, we have loads of empty seats so we might as well try to get them hooked. At least that deal doesn’t discriminate against hard working youngsters to the advantage of job dodging students.

The only problem is I can’t see us retaining a 24 year old when his season ticket jumps from £100 to £350, I doubt he will get a percentage pay rise comparable to that.

I think that’s the biggest problem with pricing tickets, if you set a low value on them then the price rise seems severe when it happens.

I think the best way is to have lots of have cheap tickets for those who want to attend but are cash strapped for whatever reason, terracing helps with that, and premium tickets that cost a lot but come with genuine perks on top to attract those that afford it.

Our stadium situation leaves us in a place where we can only be unadventurous with pricing unfortunately.

It's targeting the right young people - students coming into an area aren't really likely to develop a life long love of a club at our level. Young people with links to the area maybe.
It's surely better to have a jump at 24 when most will be working rather than 16-17-18 when most probably aren't.

At a time when the average age of football fans at many grounds is rising at the same rate as the passing years, football as a whole needs to get more young people actually going to games. Can only help with atmosphere too.

I was lucky enough when a student oop North to use the 10 ticket season ticket that was available while we were at the Manor. It was both affordable and a lead into getting a ticket for the bigger games.

OUFC make no income from concessions. Straight to FK. Thus. No sense in taking the risk in lowering prices.

They also make no income from just sitting on their backsides "hoping or expecting" people will just turn up
MK Dons have offer discounts are their gates dont seem to have improved that much. Pitch performances is the only answer.

Back
Top Bottom