Away Match Day Thread 5/8/23 L1: Cambridge United v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beadle will be good ,Mills good ,Rodriguez excellent, the way we play with one up we will have alot of days where Harris will be isolated. The defence looked really poor and I've been saying for ages how did Long get an extension on his contract so poor .And Brown is a cb sad day. For confidence we need a win next Saturday and I hope we don't get hammered Wednesday, we've got some tough games after that.

Somethings got to be done about our abusive fans. The verbals Sam Long got was shocking - C words. F OFF etc. Young kids with families submitted to this. If nothing done there will be fighting between our own fans. For me, I don't want to hear it and if it carries on I'll stop going- must be others who feel the same?

Our defence looked appalling, but yet Cambridge only had an xG of 0.28, so it can't have been as bad as all that. (You'd take that in any given match.) Then again we let in two goals from that xG - what does that say about us - Beadle at fault?

Somethings got to be done about our abusive fans. The verbals Sam Long got was shocking - C words. F OFF etc. Young kids with families submitted to this. If nothing done there will be fighting between our own fans. For me, I don't want to hear it and if it carries on I'll stop going- must be others who feel the same?
I understand but we pay our money to watch that crap. So we can say what we want. You’re gonna hear swearing at football wherever you go. What annoys me is that parents who try and stand at the top with their kids when that’s where most of the swearing takes place

Beadle could and should have come out and punched away before the second goal. Definitely at fault for the first goal along with others. Still think he is a step up from Eastwood.
Think Brown was the big part he lost the ball for the first. Long as well for the second. Beadle will make mistakes but you’re right about him being a step up from Eastwood

I understand but we pay our money to watch that crap. So we can say what we want. You’re gonna hear swearing at football wherever you go. What annoys me is that parents who try and stand at the top with their kids when that’s where most of the swearing takes place
I quite often think some of our fans that go to away games are C**** and should F off Jake. I imagine a few of them are the ones you stand with who think they can do what they want but then complain when people call them out when they are being dicks.

I’m sure they won’t mind me telling them they should F off next time I go to a game.

Paying money doesn’t give you the right to do what you want. It’s also going to achieve very little when you abuse one of our own players.

Yes, because that's really going to help them play better. Nice.
Everyone knows Sam Long should be no where near this football club. He’s league 2 level at best. Got to look at the bigger picture we need better. Look at the clubs who went up last season and who were at the top and their full backs. Mumba , Davis , Cadden , Edwards , Bradley. We’re stuck with awful Long and Brown there.

No I’m saying people pay their 20/25 quid to watch that if they want to swear and criticise a player who shouldn’t be playing at this football club. I don’t see it as a problem. Simple as
I understand what you’re saying.

I’m saying your thinking is completely baseless and the attitude harms our club.

If you buy a sausage roll from Greggs, does it make it ok to call the person who hands it to you a c**t?

Presuming you pay your tax, you also help fund the NHS and schools. Does that entitle you to call nurses and teachers the same?

Paying for a ticket gets you in the ground to watch the game. It doesn’t entitle you to abuse anyone. It’s weird to think it does.

Bad language doesn’t bother me in the slightest, but gratuitous personal abuse does. And abuse of our players doesn’t help anyone.

Last edited:
I quite often think some of our fans that go to away games are C**** and should F off Jake. I imagine a few of them are the ones you stand with who think they can do what they want but then complain when people call them out when they are being dicks.

I’m sure they won’t mind me telling them they should F off next time I go to a game.

Paying money doesn’t give you the right to do what you want. It’s also going to achieve very little when you abuse one of our own players.
Unfortunately you’re gonna hear that at every away game you go to

Unfortunately you’re gonna hear that at every away game you go to
So in your thinking when I go to Tesco this morning once I've paid for my groceries I can then inform the person serving me that infect their s**t they shouldn't be working there and oh your also a c**t .... As for your comments about families being at the back those people pay to go and watch football they can stand where they like they don't pay to go and listen to some idiots that obviously can't handle their drink and think they are big me giving it large to our players

Hate our fans turning on our players, maybe get behind them !

But if someone is offended by a bit of swearing, then the world has gone mad :rolleyes:

So in your thinking when I go to Tesco this morning once I've paid for my groceries I can then inform the person serving me that infect their s**t they shouldn't be working there and oh your also a c**t .... As for your comments about families being at the back those people pay to go and watch football they can stand where they like they don't pay to go and listen to some idiots that obviously can't handle their drink and think they are big me giving it large to our players
I didn’t stand right at the back. But you know that’s where the idiots stand at away days so why take your kids there thats all I’m saying

Back
Top Bottom