Current Player #25 Will Goodwin

Did we not once have a priest try to remove the curse from the Kassam Stadium? He mustn't have been very good at his job.
That's what happens when you employ any old cowboy to help you out. It's the same with plumbers. Always use one approved by an industry assurance scheme.

Should've gone thtough Trustedpreacher.com. or Checkacleric.co.uk

In the post match interview Des said that Goodwin was still recovering from a SERIOUS injury in his quad.
Back on Saturday though.

According to this (Cheltenham) end of things, we have bought a player who can be a little “fragile.”
He will have to be “managed.” Now where have we heard that before?

In the post match interview Des said that Goodwin was still recovering from a SERIOUS injury in his quad.
Back on Saturday though.
What he actually said was that it was "significant" meaning one presumes that not an issue to be ignored or run off or nullified with injections but given proper treatment and rest.

What he actually said was that it was "significant" meaning one presumes that not an issue to be ignored or run off or nullified with injections but given proper treatment and rest.

Also, too early to be involved Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday. If he had been involved last night then he wouldn't have been involved Saturday.

Quad injuries can be a pretty big deal, because it can seriously affect your ability to kick a ball. They are a fairly fundamental muscle group when it comes to that action (particularly with generating shot power), so any tear or rupture needs to be managed and allowed time to heal properly.

I have a little experience of this as I ruptured a quad many years ago and it took bloody ages to heal properly. Kicking a ball was impossible at first, and pretty painful for ages after.

That said, I was unfit, well into my 30's and never received any kind of treatment for it at the time. I just judged my return to playing (casually, I hasten to add) on how much it hurt whilst playing and how immobilised I was by it after playing (ie struggling to walk up and down stairs the next day). . .and aggrivated it several times in the process - very frustrating!

We've also no idea of severity, but erring on the side of caution to protect your investment seems an eminently sensible thing to do, given how serious it could be if left unchecked.

He was dire today. Signing a player who effectively fails his medical says somethings about our club?

He was dire today. Signing a player who effectively fails his medical says somethings about our club?
What do you mean he effectively failed his medical? He had an injury but are you saying something was found at the medical which meant long term the risks are really high?

He was very rusty with his touch today but even with this he clearly gave the Wycombe CBs more to contend with in the second half than Harris did in the first. His height and build meant that he was able to compete with their CBs in the air which is something we haven't had in years up top. I'm quite excited to see what impact he will have on us.

Back
Top Bottom