Current Player #21 Ed McGinty

I could be wrong but get the impression LM thinks while McGinty isn't ready, he could be decent. He won't be our #1 this season. I'd imagine Eastwood will be our back up keeper, with McGinty on a season long L2 loan. Then get him back next season if he's performed well on loan. Anyone ITK know if that's the plan?

Keeper is a funny position, isn't it. The chances of you coming on in a game as a sub is, barring injuries, negligible. The chances of you starting if the bloke currently in the team is doing OK is equally small - you may get a game in a minor cup competition occasionally. At a club where you are the third keeper, you may as well sit at home and watch Homes Under The Hammer because you aren't going to be playing a meaningful match any time soon.

The couple of times we saw him he looked very inexperienced (see above!) and a bit rash. Good luck to him on his loan and hope he manages to get some games and the experience he needs.

Pleased for him. 1st game a League Cup match, got yellow card outside box foul within 5 minutes and that was that. Wasn't given a chance by fans or club. Purely IMO.

2:2 tonight at Bohemians. One big save from Mcginty.
James Clarke with 94min equaliser.
He’s one we really should be looking at.
Farrugia broken collarbone in the Shamrock Dundalk game1:1

Edit now says dislocated shoulder for Farrugia

Last edited:
Mcgintys just clattered Jonny Kenny 10 yards outside his box, luckily offside and no booking.
Cleared with his head outside the box in first half, and flattened Gafney in the process 0:0 so far

0:0
Mcginty couple of decent saves to deny Kenny who was very lively when coming on.
Pijnaker, Denham and Chapman decent, Chapman as it happens came on for Cheltenham at their place, he should of scored tonight though

I really don’t understand this loan. We know McGinty is a good keeper in that league. We signed him because of that. He desperately needed an FL loan.

He’d make a better outfield player than a goalkeeper from what I’ve seen of him. That’s not trying to be funny but being serious!

Said in the local paper.(champion)
Says he still has a future here. He’s loves it in Oxford, the City the football club.
Fair enough. Good luck to the guy.

Sligo upto to 2nd
Goal kick assist for Mcginty.
To be fair he makes a big difference to the bit of red

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom