World Cup 2022 World Cup Draw

England won't win the WC I just hope it's a fun tournament with lots of goals a few interesting matches I think Qatar will win the tournament ( if there is enough brown envelope's) I'm sure they will

With the strange time of year and it being somewhere completely new, in a more condensed format does anyone think we might see an outsider actually win it? It’s new territory here.
I don’t think there is a string stand out, every team seems to have some sort of problem.

Hopefully the football will be at exciting to make up for the fact that the rest of it is s**t.

I don't know - in some ways, the November/December tournament might favour the outsiders less.

In a summer WC, players from top European clubs often turn up absolutely knackered, whilst some of the 'lesser' league (e.g. Japan, US) are in the middle of their season.
Other way round this time. The top players in Europe should be in mid-season form.

The other reason I'm determined to enjoy this tournament is - weirdly - the structure. 8 groups of 4 then knockouts from the last 16 is just a perfect tournament. The right length, and it has this glorious flow to it. We certainly won't see that in 2026 and we may never see it again, so have to enjoy it one last time.......

England won't win the WC I just hope it's a fun tournament with lots of goals a few interesting matches I think Qatar will win the tournament ( if there is enough brown envelope's) I'm sure they will

Qatar lost 3-0 to the Croatian U23s last week, and then followed that up with a 2-0 defeat by mighty Canada.

I don't think there are enough brown envelopes in the world.........

Qatar lost 3-0 to the Croatian U23s last week, and then followed that up with a 2-0 defeat by mighty Canada.

I don't think there are enough brown envelopes in the world.........

Going to have to disagree with you there, FIFA bigwigs won’t be buying new penthouses for there cats with that attitude.

I don't know - in some ways, the November/December tournament might favour the outsiders less.

In a summer WC, players from top European clubs often turn up absolutely knackered, whilst some of the 'lesser' league (e.g. Japan, US) are in the middle of their season.
Other way round this time. The top players in Europe should be in mid-season form.

The other reason I'm determined to enjoy this tournament is - weirdly - the structure. 8 groups of 4 then knockouts from the last 16 is just a perfect tournament. The right length, and it has this glorious flow to it. We certainly won't see that in 2026 and we may never see it again, so have to enjoy it one last time.......

If they keep adding teams to it a completed World Cup sticker book will weigh a ton.

They had the worlds and euros just right at 32/16, ruined them both a bit by adding extra teams.

Back
Top Bottom