General Yesteryear

ON THIS DAY

December 8th 2018 - London Road, Peterborough.

United players gather pre-match before the 2-2 draw with the Posh - James Henry with a brace including a late penalty equalizer.

U’s: Eastwood - Hanson Dickie Nelson Ruffels - Mousinho Brannagan Henry - Browne Mackie Whyte

Sub: Holmes for Mousinho

Att: 7,027 including 534 Oxford fans.

Dt5h4gWXgAA7DDw

ON THIS DAY

December 17th 2016

United defeat Bury 3-2 at Gigg Lane on this day 7 years ago. Two free-kicks from Chris Maguire and a Greg Leigh o.g did the damage.
James Vaughan and Tom Pope replied for the Shakers.

U’s: Eastwood - Edwards Dunkley Nelson Johnson - MacDonald Ledson Lundstram - Maguire Hemmings Hall

Subs: Roberts & Taylor

Att: 2,986

DMGujSDXcAEyTIU

Coming SOON - 40th anniversary!

Monday 19th December 1983

Milk Cup fourth round 2nd replay - U’s v Manchester United

What were your memories? As a small school kid I was in the packed London Road end. Amazing night that we won 2-1 AET.
I was in the Osler (Beech Road shelf for the first game), amazing night. Little bruv missed the game because he had a ticket bought to go to his primary school disco that night before we had the draw at Old Trafford, and mum and dad made him go to that instead 🤣

Coming SOON - 40th anniversary!

Monday 19th December 1983

Milk Cup fourth round 2nd replay - U’s v Manchester United

What were your memories? As a small school kid I was in the packed London Road end. Amazing night that we won 2-1 AET.
Left side of the London Road (before I moved to the more civilized right side in the 90s). Has there ever been better mis-header than Biggins's that night?

Left side of the London Road (before I moved to the more civilized right side in the 90s). Has there ever been better mis-header than Biggins's that night?
It seems to take an absolute age to drop in, time slowed to a crawl when he sent it looping towards goal.

Back
Top Bottom