General Yesteryear

ON THIS DAY

February 26th 2023 - Karl Robinson is sacked.

Fp4uFvaXwAIpNv1

Last edited:
It may have been mentioned already but I heard an interview on TS with Keown last week and he mentioned he turned us down the year we got relegated to non-league. He was 39 at time and said that he sensed we were going to drop and didn't fancy being associated with the relegation of his home town club. I imagine he's been sounded out a few times by us but this is the first time I'd heard it from the horses mouth as it were.

ON THIS DAY

February 28th 1988

On this Sunday 36 years ago United lost 0-2 in the second leg of the League Cup semi-final to Luton Town at Kenilworth Road which was televised live by the
BBC. Luton had a synthetic playing surface between 1985 and 1991 which was manufactured by Leics based En-Tout-Cas and cost £350,000.

U’s: Judge - Bardsley Briggs Caton Dreyer - Hill Phillips Hebberd Rhoades-Brown - Saunders Foyle
Subs: Leworthy & Shelton

Att: 13,010

GHaUBSYXAAEK3GO

ON THIS DAY

February 28th 1988

On this Sunday 36 years ago United lost 0-2 in the second leg of the League Cup semi-final to Luton Town at Kenilworth Road which was televised live by the
BBC. Luton had a synthetic playing surface between 1985 and 1991 which was manufactured by Leics based En-Tout-Cas and cost £350,000.

U’s: Judge - Bardsley Briggs Caton Dreyer - Hill Phillips Hebberd Rhoades-Brown - Saunders Foyle

GHaUBSYXAAEK3GO
I was there, a really disappointing performance, think the first leg finished 1-1 with a Saunders penalty for us? That run to the semi-finals was the high point in a poor season.

ON THIS DAY

February 28th 1988

GHaUBSYXAAEK3GO

Luton didn't need En-Tout-Cas, they could have just laid concrete and gone to a local carpet shop as it would have been as good.

Back
Top Bottom