Winding-up petition number 5 - Here we go again!!!

We will never get our hands on the stadium, 6 years to go and Kassam knows the football club will be there.
Hell we have been a going concern since 1893! it's nice little earner..

We need to see some plans from Tiger, what does he and the board want.

I am pretty sure that
We have a contract with him for the next six years or so. If we don't play there we will still have to pay him. And pay to use Wycombe (!!) as well in your scenario. It's high risk for the club, but absolutely no risk to Kassam - he still gets his money, doesn't have to bother doing any repairs or maintaining the pitch and at the end we either come back with our tails between our legs or we find somewhere else and he gets to knock the place down and sell the land for housing, making a fortune. Kassam would be delighted if we went elsewhere!

And? The substantial point is if we don't play at the Kassam, we will still have to pay rent. Whether we go to the plucky non-leaguers, MK or Northampton makes no difference.

The obsession some fans have with playing games at Wycombe, or some other non league ground outside of Oxfordshire, leaves me bewildered. How would paying two rents while making less money from much smaller crowds help? What would it achieve and accomplish?

The ground situation is a big problem but doing something extremely stupid won’t improve it.

The obsession some fans have with playing games at Wycombe, or some other non league ground outside of Oxfordshire, leaves me bewildered. How would paying two rents while making less money from much smaller crowds help? What would it achieve and accomplish?

The ground situation is a big problem but doing something extremely stupid won’t improve it.
Well said @holdsteady

I am pretty sure that I read years ago that the terms of the lease are that we cannot play professional football anywhere else in Oxfordshire?
No... That's the point. I believe (but stand to be corrected) that under the terms of the ridiculous lease Merry signed, as long as we play professional football in Oxfordshire, we must play at the Kassam, under the terms of the lease. However.. if we opt to play outside the county, we do not need to pay Kassam rent, and- under the terms of the covenant on the ground-- he can only rent the Kassam to a professional sports team... So, if we are no longer tenants, the ground is effectively worthless, as the covenant is still in situ. But, like I said, high risk... the difference with Ricoh is that they have another owner/tenant (Wasps) and therefore don't care if Coventry do/do not play there..

Not sure how things could get a lot worse?
Unfinished ground becoming more dilapidated by the year. Staff only allowed in the ground at certain times. A clearly very hostile Landlord who seems to do everything BUT be a custodian of the club.
Having a hostile Landlord who clearly does not have the clubs interested at heart is a lit worse than many possible alternatives.
The Priory is a classic case of Kassam's decisions since the ground and club split.
Maybe the hostility will stop now the arbitration stupidity and the resulting bills have been paid, that’s not the best way to get mutual agreements, I’m not sure the current club regime have used the best tactics with their bullish rhetoric towards FK, people might applaud it but the bigger picture is less than inspiring.
We all see things differently and people have different views and the different parties here, I will wait and see where the club ends up, hopefully on the up on and off the pitch.

Maybe the hostility will stop now the arbitration stupidity and the resulting bills have been paid, that’s not the best way to get mutual agreements, I’m not sure the current club regime have used the best tactics with their bullish rhetoric towards FK, people might applaud it but the bigger picture is less than inspiring.
We all see things differently and people have different views and the different parties here, I will wait and see where the club ends up, hopefully on the up on and off the pitch.
I dont disagree to a certain extent.
But since IL purchased the club without the ground, the owners appear to have been reasonable.
During this time Kassam has hardly had the clubs back and kept his word to be the clubs custodian.
DE has explained how being nice to Kassam made no difference.
In my view the say that we get rid of FK can not come soon enough.

Another interesting article.

Another interesting article.
Sorry but one word could have been used instead

******************** GREED *****************

But since IL purchased the club without the ground, the owners appear to have been reasonable.
During this time Kassam has hardly had the clubs back and kept his word to be the clubs custodian.
It's the terminology like "get rid" that I don't agree with.

It's well stated FK won't sell the ground to another businessman to make a profit off the back of.
We can also wait until someone comes along with a pile of cash to buy us a new ground.

I can't see anytime soon the club getting rid of FK, I think there's more chance of a new lease deal being done that's more sympathetic towards the club (owners), that might appease some fans who think the current charges are too high but not others as they hold a grudge against FK.

All guesswork mind.

Would you hold up DE as a shining example of honesty and integrity, he did a good job for himself on the way out of the door.
In DE's tenure, who should be seen as the villain out of FK and DE concerning the off field stuff.

Would you hold up DE as a shining example of honesty and integrity, he did a good job for himself on the way out of the door.
In DE's tenure, who should be seen as the villain out of FK and DE concerning the off field stuff.
I get your point re DE.
You cant surely argue that Kassam has much integrity or honesty though?
Look at the Priory and the way that seems to have led the Council a merry dance? Anybody with any integrity surely wouldn't have behaved like that? The 'he's a businessman ' doesn't really wash with me. Many businessmen I have met a d worked with behave very differently.

It's the terminology like "get rid" that I don't agree with.

It's well stated FK won't sell the ground to another businessman to make a profit off the back of.
We can also wait until someone comes along with a pile of cash to buy us a new ground.

I can't see anytime soon the club getting rid of FK, I think there's more chance of a new lease deal being done that's more sympathetic towards the club (owners), that might appease some fans who think the current charges are too high but not others as they hold a grudge against FK.

All guesswork mind.
Fair enough.
I actually think that the new owners will want to build a new stadium and the surrounding leisure facilities (similar to Kassam but from Thohirs background ge does appear to at least complete the ground). Also guesswork but with the Board make up not too much of a leap.
A more appropriate lease (proper lease not the ridiculous licence IL signed) surely is an option (allowing the club to actually have full use of the ground, build the 4th stand, keep the stadium in decent condition etc)
Maybe this is a serious option. You have a much more trusting view of FK than me though.

Kassam invested x amount and has already taken that make x 10, and is looking to squeeze every possible penny out of the club for at least another 6 years.

DE invested x amount and did a deal to get about the same back when he left.

Both are businessmen so I don't expect either to operate the club as a charity. DE may not be deserving of a statue outside the ground, but Kassam is a turd and always will be!

Im not too sure what the issue with Eales is? He built up the club and gained promotion, he gave us some of the best times since the promotion from the conference. He spent a lot of money in doing so.

Once it was clear (and he was very honest by saying it) that he could not fund us in the championship he cut his losses. By doing so he slowly stopped putting money into the club, in areas that bought us that success we had, and he then left with the best deal possible for him.

Do I blame him for doing the best deal possible for himself? No, not at all. He is a business man and has no affiliation with the club so why should he just write blank cheques with very little or no return?

Im not too sure what the issue with Eales is? He built up the club and gained promotion, he gave us some of the best times since the promotion from the conference. He spent a lot of money in doing so.

Once it was clear (and he was very honest by saying it) that he could not fund us in the championship he cut his losses. By doing so he slowly stopped putting money into the club, in areas that bought us that success we had, and he then left with the best deal possible for him.

Do I blame him for doing the best deal possible for himself? No, not at all. He is a business man and has no affiliation with the club so why should he just write blank cheques with very little or no return?
That's the point, both DE and FK are businessmen trying to maximise profit, the fact that DE didn't come here with the intention of buying the ground and then made a big song and dance about it when he fell out of FK.
I would guess DE could of took this club a lot further if his financial circumstances didn't change, maybe that was self inflicted.
DE from falling out with FK went and started a futile arbitration situation that minimised his costs but then lumbered any incoming owner with.

Kassam invested x amount and has already taken that make x 10, and is looking to squeeze every possible penny out of the club for at least another 6 years.

DE invested x amount and did a deal to get about the same back when he left.

Both are businessmen so I don't expect either to operate the club as a charity. DE may not be deserving of a statue outside the ground, but Kassam is a turd and always will be!
That's the point, both DE and FK are businessmen trying to maximise profit, the fact that DE didn't come here with the intention of buying the ground and then made a big song and dance about it when he fell out of FK.
I would guess DE could of took this club a lot further if his financial circumstances didn't change, maybe that was self inflicted.
DE from falling out with FK went and started a futile arbitration situation that minimised his costs but then lumbered any incoming owner with.

Off field DE run down the club.

Back
Top Bottom